//Prolouge

"Time to go to bed, Princess Emily." Emily's personal guard, Emerson said sternly.

"Okay. Thank you Knight Emerson." The ten year old thanked him graciously.

Because that was what the Alpha King, her Father, have taught her.

To constantly be polite and open-minded.

To be the light out at sea, helping people in need.

To embrace qualities a Queen possess.

Emily climbed onto her King sized bed, clutching tightly onto Mr Bear.

"Time to sleep, Mr Bear." She pat her beige-white teddy's head, and hugged it close to her flat chest.

She tossed and turned, unable to fall asleep.

Something was bothering her, yet she didn't know what was.

So she got out of bed and tugged Emerson's arm, considering he was 6 foot tall and Princess Emily was a small, 4 foot 11.

He turned around and bent to her height. "What's wrong Princess?"

"I can't sleep. Tell me a story?" Emily was still hugging Mr Bear and mustered the best puppy eyes she could.

Emerson looked around and sighed. "My job is to protect you, Princess Emily. Not a bedtime storyteller."

"Oh..." She frowned, looking down at the wooden floor.

"But, I'll make this an exception."

Emily looked up almost immediately, eyes sparkling with joy.

"You're the best Knight Emerson!" She jumped with joy, pulling him to her bed, almost causing him to fall.

"Slow down!" Emerson reminded Emily, hiding a smile.

She got into bed, covering her small frame with her pink blanket once again.

She waited, and waited, her ocean-blue eyes staring deep into Emerson's dark-golden ones.

"I don't know much stories, so I guess you'd have to settle with Werewolf History."

"Long time ago, an Alpha was mated to a human. They faced many obstacles, but the greatest enemy among them was time.

They fought against power-hungry and revenge-thirsty wolves, fighting to snatch the human away from the Alpha. The human was no ordinary human, for she bared a sacred mark, the mark of a promise that she's meant for great things."

"What was the mark like?" Emily piped in, curious.

"It was a wolf imprint at the back of her neck." Emerson answered.

"The human's body was going to be used by the previous Star Goddess, Stella. The Moon Goddess made a deal with the Star Goddess, that before she claims the human's lifeless corpse as hers, she is to deliver the next Moon Goddess' fetus."

"So after things have calmed down, the human became pregnant. And she gave birth to triplets; a baby boy and two baby girls."

"What does pregnant mean, Knight Emerson?" Emily asked.

"It means that one or possibly more than one fetus is growing inside the womb." Emerson answered.

"How did the human get pregnant?" Her curiosity grew.

"It's a gift from Moon Goddess. You'll learn more of that in two or three years' time." Emerson's facade masked the panic rising inside of him.

He wasn't going to tell her that to get pregnant, you need to be sexually active with a male. Her Father will have his head.

"Anyway. The time for her to go came after five full years with her family. She was taken on her children's birthday. It drove her mate crazy. One of her children, the future Moon Goddess, saw and she resented the idea of having mates, one made for you, just to be taken away from you."

He paused.

"Her name is Ashlyn Stone, 5th and our previous Moon Goddess. Her un-beating heart only held hatred for the werewolf race, until she met her mate, Alpha King Christian. It took both of them three full years to fully accept each other as mates."

"But from what Ms Liana said, mates in the past have a irresistible pull, binding them together." Emily yawned.

"For the Royals, it's different. Royals, they pick mates. Just like today. Year 2275."

"Goddess Ashlyn's sister was the future Star Goddess. Her name is Sarah Stone. She was jealous of her sister. Her sister was showered with more love, more concern, completely disregarding hers and her brother's existence."

"She was consumed with dark energy. We call her the dark Star Goddess. With the help of dark magic, she was able to consume the Moon Goddess' powers. And consuming her power, killed her in an instance. It was too much power for her to handle, for the power was not meant for a dark Goddess."

"Being drained off her powers, Goddess Ashlyn felt hopeless. She felt as though her purpose in life was drained out of her too. So after her son turned three, she took her life."

"Before she took her life, she changed a rule. A rule that forever changed the werewolf's purpose. Thy werewolves have mates picked specially for you no more. Only this line was said, and the rule changed."

"I hope she was able to find peace, Knight Emerson." Emily snuggled against Mr Teddy, her eyes shut close.

"I'm sure she did, Princess Emily." He whispered as he got up, walking to where he was suppose to be twenty minutes ago.

He's Emily's knight in shining armour, and Emily was his Princess.

And it's every Knight's duty to protect the Princess from power hungry wolves.

---