seventeen

By the same both Luhan and Baekhyun returned from meeting with Mrs. Byun, the sun had set and a cool winter breeze was blowing. With linked arms, Baekhyun tugged his chinese friend through the frigid air to the coffee shop.

Luhan quickly ordered them two cups of hot chocolate while Baekhyun remained mute, His lips were set in a tight line and his brows furrowed tightly together.

"You know, B, if you keep frowning you'll get wrinkles," Luhan quietly mused, sliding the two cups of piping hot liquid on the table.

Baekhyun finally snapped out of his thoughts, "Oh. Yeah. I'm just surprised that's all." Luhan hummed in response, sipping his drink before sharply pulling away.

"Ah! Ith hoth!" he poked his tongue out of his moth, wiggling the muscle around. Baekhyun let out a snort and grabbed his friend's drink, twisting the top off. "There, that should cool it down. But like I was saying, I can't believe my mom asked to meet us-"

"Well, yeah, she once caught her son dating her business partner's song and now he's pretty close to his chinese friend. I'm not surprised they thought we were dating," he said nonchalantly with a shrug. Baekhyun's jaw dropped at his friend's bluntness, as if he has not just been interrogated and threatened by his very own mother an hour ago.

"So what are you going to do about Chanyeol and the others?" Luhan wondered, "Since we did walk out on them, I'm pretty sure they still have questions."

With a sigh, Baekhyun pinched the bridge of his nose, "I have no idea, Lulu, I'm still stressing over the fact that I just told them everything."

This time, Luhan set dow his mug and furrowed his brows, "What do you mean, B?" Don't you want ot be friends with them still? Or even be with Chanyeol-"

Baekhyun cut Luhan off with a dry laugh, "Well, I wasn't lying when I said I'm not the same person I was a few years ago. I've changed and been through shit. Fuck! I'm even on pills! You've seen all that first hand," he paused taking an angry sip of his hot chocolate. "But I think I have to talk to Chanyeol, and answer his questions. I do love him, I want to be with him. But for his future, I can't Lu."

"Oh, B, listen to be. Chanyeol accepted you even after you crushed his heart" Baekhyun cringed at his choice of words, "Sorry... but what you two have is special. And you wanted to talk to Chanyeol, right?"

The shorter nodded as Luhan glanced past him, "Well, now is your chance, there's Park."

"What are you-"

"HEY CHANYEOL!" Luhan stood up and shouted. The tall red head whirled around with a bewildered expression, blinking when he saw the boy screaming for his attention. He hesitantly waved.

"Come sit here!"

Baekhyun groaned and hid his face in his hands at his embarrassing friend. So many people were looking, dow this boy not have any shame!? A scarlet color dusted his cheeks when Chanyeol made his way over to their table.

"Luhan you better not leave me alone-" Baekhyun threatened. Luhan quickly stood up with a wink, snatched his hot chocolate off the table and hurried out the shop.

Baekhyun was on the verge of getting up just to chase and throttle his friend when a voice pulled him out of his thoughts.

"Um.." the deep voice startled Baekhyun. He looked up to see Chanyeol, who had already taken a seat in front of him. His nose a cherry red from the chilly air outside. A very puffy scarf wrapped tightly around his neck. Cold weather be damned, but Baekhyun thought he looked cute in those layers.

In all his years of knowing Chanyeol, Baekhyun never expected them tm to be this awkward. They used to be so open with each other and Baekhyun could feel his heart ache to be like that again.