chapter 26

after the school had emptied out, wyatt made his way to the back where the boys would go to smoke before games. as expected, there was a blonde guy with his two "friends"  smoking and stepping on cigarettes.

"didn't think you would show noodle head." nic smirked, a cigarette between his lips.

"i just came here for one thing okay? leave jaeden alone. i don't care what sophia says or thinks just don't go near him." he responded. the three older boys laughed and didn't stop until they realized wyatt was serious.

"what, don't tell me you're sticking up for that fag." owen scoffed, dropping his cigarette and crushing it.

"don't call him that." wyatt said, even angrier than before. he had to clench his fists to prevent himself from overreacting.

"why? are you a faggot too?" nic asked, walking closer and closer until wyatt could almost feel his horrid breath on his own neck.

"j-just back off okay?" he stuttered, a little intimidated, "he never did anything to you or soph so just leave him be." and with that, wyatt turned around, determined to leave when he saw two people who were not supposed to be there.

"what the hell wyatt?" finn muttered before rushing over to him and pulling his arm, "let's go okay?" jaeden was there and caught up with them. he rolled his eyes, not wanting to be there.

"you're an idiot." jaeden mumbled, only loud enough for wyatt to hear.

"oh you're just gonna leave?" logan called out from behind, "what a pussy."

"just ignore them." finn reassured, giving the three boys a glare.

"i can't say i'm surprised." nic said, pushing wyatt slightly from behind, "the second his boyfriend shows up he just looks away. he's just another screw up with all that depressed shit he's been telling the coach for years so he could be cut off slack. i mean no wonder no one cares about hi-"

and wyatt had just about enough at that point. he turned around and punched nic square in the nose. his wrist throbbed, but it didn't feel as painful as the actual punch looked. it was so quiet afterwards, it was like the air had been sucked out of them all.

finn looked away knowing this was bound to happen.

owen seemed amused and shocked at the same time.

logan was trying extra hard not to burst into laughter.

jaeden covered his hand with his mouth so he wouldn't gasp out loud.

wyatt just stood there, his chest heaving with anger and a sudden confidence boost.

and nic? he wiped the fresh blood off his nose and locked eyes with the boy who had just hit him, muttering four words as he let his anger take over,

"you're gonna regret that."

a/n: this wasn't how the story was supposed to go, but i'll take it