Ch. 5

Pretend that the Winter Ball was a masquerade ball.

I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing

-----------

George POV

It had been about three months since Ash was forcefully pulled from her position as a spy. The annual Winter Masquerade Ball was coming up and Phillip Schuyler Had invited all the troops in the area.

Ash wasn't planning on going, but I wasn't about to let her bail. The only company I would have had was Alexander, and he's not exactly the best guy to be near when around ladies, alcohol, or both.

"Come on Ash. Please?" I begged her

"No."

Fine. I challenge you to a shoot off." I said. Now, a shoot off wasn't exactly a duel. It was sort of a safer version of a duel. You go to a field and set up two targets, as far away as you want. You then grab a gun and put three bullets in it. Whoever gets more bullseyes wins.

"Terms?" she asked standing up.

"If I win you have to go to the ball, and I get to pick out your outfit. If you win you don't have to go to the ball and I'll make Hamilton do all of your paperwork this week."

"Deal. But I get to pick the color of the dress."

"Fine."

------------

"I take it back. No deal." Ash yelled

"Nope. You shook on it."

"But I don't wanna go to the ball."

"Too bad. What color? Not black, or any variation of black."

"Um..... Green."

"Okay. I can do green."

-------------

Hercules POV

"Why do you need a green dress again?" I asked the General.

"I just do. Please help me. I don't know the first thing about fashion."

"Okay, okay. Let's go to town."

------------

"That mask is too yellow." I told him. We had picked out a dress and were trying to pick a matching mask.

"What about this one?"

"Too blue. Here, this one is great." I said pulling a mask off of the shelve.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. I'm just glad I got to help someone with fashion. It's been a long time since I have. I kinda miss it."

"Thank you again. I have to go. Goodbye."

-------------

Ash POV

"I'm back." George said as he walked through the flap of the tent.

"Took you long enough." I mumbled

"Sorry. I hope you like the dress. I have a meeting with some people. Its in the box."

I opened the box to reveal a beautiful green and black dress. With a black mask.

 With a black mask

George knew my favorite color was black, but also knew black wasn't exactly a party color

I tried on the dress. It was a bit tight, but I'd be fine.

-----------

Alex POV

"Why did he need a dress?" I asked Herc. He had just gotten back from the nearby town. The General had asked him to help pick out a dress.

"He wouldn't tell me. I think he was surprising a special someone though." Herc answered.

"Why though? He doesn't seem like the type of person who admits their love then goes to war, leaving them behind." John admitted.

"This is true, mon ami." Laf added in.

"I guess we'll just have to wait and see. The ball is tomorrow after all." Herc said.