Ch. 17

This chapter is almost exactly 'Meet Me Inside'

I have somewhat of an idea what I'm doing.

---------

George POV

"Ash, we talked about this. I can't send him home for no reason." I yelled

"His fucking wife is pregnant, isn't that reason enough?" she yelled back

"I can't have this conversation with you again. I need to go over battle strategies with Lee. I have to work with him because that's the safest I can keep Alex. He's in less danger if he's in less command." I stated, trying to calm the mood of the room. It didn't work. These Hamiltons don't back down when they believe in something.

"But Geor-"

"I need to go."

----------

"Retreat!" I heard Lee yell.

"What are you doing? Attack!" I scream at him and his troops.

"There are so many of them though."

"Is this not quite your speed, Lee? Ash, take command." I yelled

"Yes sir. You heard him, attack!" she yelled. And so the battle ended in a draw. A draw to a battle that could've been won.

----------

Alex POV

"But sir, you heard him." I yelled. Lee needed to pay for his actions.

"Yes, I did. History will prove him wrong. Don't do anything about it." Washington ordered.

"Yes sir." I mumbled.

"Strong words from Lee. Someone oughta hold him to it." Laurens said walking next to me as I exited the tent.

"I cannot disobey direct orders." I mumbled.

"Then I'll do it."

---------

"Ten paces, fire!" Someone yelled as we heard two gunshots ring through the air.

"Lee, do you yield?" John asked

"You shot him in the side, yes he yields." Burr yelled.

"Here comes the general." I heard a soldier whisper.

"This should be fun." John muttered from beside me.

"What is the meaning of this? Burr, get a medic for the general." Washington yelled

"Yes, sir."

"Lee, you will never agree with me, but believe me, these young men don't speak for me. Thank you for your service." Washington said before burr walked off practically carrying Lee.

"Let's ride." Burr yelled getting on a horse and riding away.

"Hamilton,"

"Sir."

"Meet me inside."

---------

George POV

"I told you to not get involved. I specifically told you not to do anything about it." I yelled, pacing.

"I didn't do anything." Alex defended.

"Being the second of the person who is shooting, is doing something." I replied

"But, sir!"

"Son-"

"Don't call me son." He mumbled

"This war is hard enough without infighting."

"Lee called you out, we called his bluff."

"You solve nothing, you aggravate our allies to the south."

"You're absolutely right, John should have shot him in the mouth. That would've shut him up."

"Son-"

"I'm not your son."

"Watch your tone. I am not a maiden in need of defending, I am grown-"

"Charles Lee, Thomas Conway; these men take your name and they rake it through the mud!"

"My name's been through a lot, I can take it."

"Well, I don't have your name. I don't have your titles, I don't have your land. But, if you-"

"No."

"If you gave me command of a battalion, a group of men to lead, I could fly above my station after the war."

"Or you could die, and we need you alive."

"I am more than willing to die-"

"Your wife needs you alive, son, I need you alive-"

"Call me son one more time!"

"Go home Alexander. That's an order from your commander."

"Sir-"

"Go home."