Chapter 1: Penny

Penny's POV:

Penny sat on her bed staring at her code-x. She couldn't believe that she used to be so bad at doing a double back flip that landed her around two to three stories down from where she began. But she must have, 'cause there was the evidence in the videos she was watching.
As Brain walked into the room drinking a smoothie, Penny commented,
"Can you believe that I used to be that bad at doing the Double Back Flip? I mean like, I could barely do the flip, much less the landing!"
"Uh huh," Brain nodded.
"I guess I could still use the practice," she sighed. "I'd just rather do something else, anything else."
"Penny, I need you and Brain in the Holographic Training Room immediately." Chief Quimby said as her Code-x screen showed him in the room he had indicated.
"OK Chief, we'll be right there," she replied as she swiped out her Code-x screen. "It's not what I was expecting or asking for when I said I'd rather do anything else, but I'll do it," she explained to Brain as they walked down the hallway towards the Holographic Training Room. Brain just sipped his smoothie.

* * *

"But he could just be another trap!!" Penny yelled at Chief Quimby. "I don't want to take that risk again, ever ever again. Do you hear me!?" she continued. "He could be just like Talon!!"
"Calm down, Penny. Garret is not a MAD double agent, we have run tons of tests and everything has come out negative. We even used the Fiber Link in the Holographic Training Room to scan his memory (which is why we're in here). There is no sign of MAD like activity in anything, anywhere."
"OK fine," Penny decided unwillingly, as she stomped out of the room. "I'll need to figure this one out very soon because I can tell that something wrong is with this guy, I don't know just what quite yet, but I will. Eventually. I don't want Uncle Gadget to get harmed by Garret, or anyone for that matter. Matter!" she mumbled, "Matter, MADer! It's the same thing!" she concluded. "I'll need to be careful with this one, very careful," she decided.
While Penny was caught up in her own thoughts and plots, Chief Quimby was busy giving orders.
"Garret, there's no use going after her. I've seen this before. She just doesn't want to get tricked again. Now, you should get settled in. I'm afraid your room is next to Penny's. Do you think you can handle it?" he questioned.
"Don't worry Chief, " Garret answered. "I've got everything all worked out, you'll see."
"Good. Brain, follow Penny and make sure she doesn't get into trouble," Chief Quimby ordered.
"Uh huh," Brain replied. He then took off to follow Penny down the hallway. While the Chief and Garret walked the opposite way towards the agent's living quarters.