What Happened To You

-Zant's Pov.-

I stood, staring at myself in the mirror, helmet retracted to see my face. Why was I so disgusting? This the face of an exiled king. Pathetic, maybe even unlovable. Why am I so lonely, even with others around? The only one that brightens my day considers me a nuisance. He as been gone for weeks. His previous master calling on him. I hate his master so badly.

I put on my helmet once again, after wiping my eyes. I inhale to compose myself. I step out into the hall, clogs clicking against the pristine glass-looking floor. I make my way to the Master's thrown room. I looked upon the one who made me who I am. He sat, playing his organ in boredom. I gathered myself, regaining my annoying facade. My high pitched, hyperactive voice ringing throughout the room.

"Master, where is Ghirahim?" "Do we have cookies?" I cover up my concern with a childish question.

"Where Ghirahim is I have no clue. Demise loves stealing him away when in the midst of war. The cookies are in the cookie jar, I baked fresh ones this morning." The Master spoke in a kind tone, He finds my facade annoying, though he knows I do it to protect myself.

"Alright! Thank you, Master!" I reply, walking off in a slight skip, so he believes I am happy.

My clogs click against the ground, I enjoy the clicking. It keeps the voices in my head to a minimum. They are so much louder without Ghirahim here. I got the cookie jar, heading back to my room. I hear the entrance door swing open. Ghirahim now in my sights, my heart skips a beat. Then, it drops to the floor, something is wrong. The look on Ghirahim's face, somewhat pained. Anger turned in my stomach, the voices getting louder. I will not give in to them yet, not until I figure out what is wrong. 

I approach Ghirahim, a skip in my step.  "Ham is back!!" Ham is the nickname I gave him quite a long time ago. Just as a part of my annoying facade, but it kinda stuck.

"Please, cease the annoying voice, Zant. I am not in the mood for a bigger headache." He spoke up, his voice ringing in my ears.

"You look distraught, what is wrong?" I put my voice back to its serious tone. I would rather not make him more troubled.

"Nothing of concern. Thank you for the change of tone." He spoke trying to walk away.

I blocked his path, "Physical or mental pain?"

"Both." He sighed, I hate when he is vague on subjects.

The voices get so loud I can barely hear him anymore. "Show me."

"What? No-" I cut him off, my anger and upset emotions not showing thanks to my helmet.

"Now." I said sternly. He sighed once again taking off his cape and gloves.

"Are you happy now, Zant?" He asked this in somewhat snarky way.

I stared at the wounds littering his body, bruises, cuts, scrapes. "Your true Master did this?"

"Yes, he did. Why?" He asked so many questions.

I turned away, walking to the entrance door. "Forgive me." I walked out before he could respond. The voices screaming for me to stop his pain.