No Longer Alone

-Zant's Pov-

I picked myself from the floor, looking at my surroundings. I was home. Not home with the Master and Ghirahim. In my era, the Twilight Realm. I was in my room in the castle. I made my way to the mirror, my appearance not as vile then before, but vile nonetheless. Even in this impish form I am still a monster. Why do I try to be anything other? These thoughts have been most prominent lately.

Well, it is hard to explain. Ever sense meeting Ghirahim, I have had a connection to him if I could call it that. These new thoughts have started drawing my minds attention. I could never possibly live up to his intellectual grace. All he could ever see me as is a bumbling fool. Not the king that I wish to be. If I hadn't failed my master, if I was still king.. Would he look up to me as I do to him? Would I be willing to plead for the Twilight Princess to help me regain my form? No.. at least, not yet.

Maybe, this will wear off. Please, tell me this will wear off. I sighed, I can't really go outside with the princess and her subjects lurking. After, the hero defeated the time witch. Me and Ghirahim decided to stay a little longer to help Master Ganondorf with his plans. Why and how Demise made it here is beyond me. He seems to come and go as he pleases. I wish he would go and never come back. Ugh. My thoughts are going off track. I started to look through my books of ancient Twili magic trying to find something to turn me back.

-Ghirahim's Pov-

I was setting and waiting by the Mirror of Twilight. It was the only place Zant could possibly be. What was he doing in there? Did he just decide to ditch us? No, he is too loyal to Master Ganondorf for that. I felt a strange presence of light. I found myself stepping back to the steps that lead up to the mirror. Sages, why where they here? I mean threatening me. What did I do?

-Zant's Pov-

The mirror of Twilight lit up as I went back to the realm of the putrid Light Dwellers. Ghirahim was mere inches away from me. I looked at the Sages, "Farewell, annoyances."

My arms wrapped around Ghirahim as I warped us back to the base. I noticed my helmet was off. I stared, partly in horror. I was far to ugly for his lovely eyes. He turned to face me. "So, this is what you look like under the helmet," he asked, his voice sounded like he missed me.

I simply nodded and put my helmet back on. I realized my arms still around him. I went to let go. Until I noticed his arms around me as well. I hugged him tightly as it was the only thing I could think of to do. No words would leave my mouth. Maybe, I am not all the things I think I am. I stared a moment, he let me go. I could never tell him I truly did plead to the Princess of Twilight for him.

He would think of it as stupid. He thinks this of most things I do, so it is only natural. "So, Your Twilight Majesty, did you lose your tongue when you took that fall?" He spoke, in both a mix of snarky and somewhat concern as my lack of speaking seemed to bother him.

"I suppose I did. Why would you mind that? My voice is purely obnoxious." My voice came out as the high pitched happy tone I was so used to in public.

"I merely haven't heard it in a while, Zant. Annoy me if you would, I will regret to say this. It seems I actually missed your company." He stated, my heart nearly stopped, he actually missed me.