Song #6: Top of the World

JESSE: watch your every step, find a sturdy branch. Don't you dare look down, pull your body up! Dig in your heels- let's see what this tree reveals! Just a few more feet; almost at the top. Watch the robin's nest, pull your body up 'till you've broken through. Let's see if this tree has a view at the top, at the top, at the top of the world! You're drawing back a curtain. At the top, at the top, at the top of the world, there you know for certain. Mountains to the west, an ocean to the east, storm clouds to the north, ready to pour. Every sycamore leaves me wanting more... at the top, at the top, at the top of the world, my head and my heart pounding. At the top, at the top, at the top of the world, I hear my voice resounding! I'm alive and I am free, so look at me...

WINNIE: you've got to see it to believe it.

JESSE: and, believe me, I've seen it. The frontier of the upper atmosphere.

WINNIE: a wonder to behold it.

JESSE: a story yet untold. It's up here,

WINNIE: up here!

JESSE: up here!

BOTH: up here!

JESSE: I'll go out on a limb, walk a tightrope wire for the highest height. Yes, I'll risk it all, give me a barrel. Guess who'll find a waterfall?

BOTH: at the top, at the top, at the top of the world, my head and my heart pounding. At the top, at the top, at the top of the world, I hear my voice resounding! I'm alive and I am free, so look at me at the top of the world!