Chapter 4

"Yoongi, what are you doing?" Mint's turquoise eyes stared at the baby faced man, who was staring at her from the couch he was sitting on. 

"Gazing at the silent beauty." He smirked, making Mint turn red.

"I'm not beautiful..." the mint haired girl trailed off, "far from it."

Yoongi's smooth brown chocolate eyes travelled up to her face, which was a deep shade of red. She let out a shaky breath, clenching her fist. The Korean man stood up and let out a long sigh. He slowly walked over to the short girl, not once letting his gaze drift apart from her attractive turquoise eyes and pale face. Their hearts were in sync; both beating at a quick pace. He stood in front of the Australian, grabbing her only hand softly, rubbing it.

"You're gorgeous. I promise- I'm not lying. I know we've only just met but I'd like a chance to get to know you better. You're interesting." He whispered, just slightly audible. Although he was barely audible, the girl still understood what he said. She felt a small smile creep up onto her lips.

"Okay. I accept, but this better not be a scheme to make me work for BigHit." She warned and glared playfully at the older. 

"It isn't but... I'm being really honest here, your voice is beautiful. I'm sure if you were to go against an angel, your voice would win." He sheepishly grinned at the female, and chuckled at her flushed face.

Mint walked over to her bed and plopped down onto it. The bed creaked a bit before halting.

"Shouldn't you unpack all your stuff?" Yoongi muttered, sitting next to Mint on her queen sized bed.

"Sorry, Mum, I can't be bothered." The mint haired girl groaned into her pillow, which earned a soft chuckle from the male. 

"Let's play 20 questions," the baby faced man suggested. Mint lifted up her head to stare at the man, and mumbled a sure.

She sat up straight and faced Yoongi, a small smile plastered on her face. His chocolate eyes stared into her turquoise ones. 

"Go ahead, you can start first," the male gestured to her, "since I'm so kind."

She giggled, and nodded. She thought for a few seconds for a question, her mind racing with thoughts. She didn't want to start it off with an awkward question, or anything too personal.

"What's your favourite colour?" 

Yoongi started laughing and stared at the girl as if she was crazy- to which she just shrugged.

"Seriously? That's your first question?" He chuckled at how cute she was. "You're seriously so adorable, oh gosh..."

Mint's face yet again went red, she adverted her eyes away from Yoongi and scoffed.

"I didn't want to make it awkward or ask anything too personal."

"Ah, I see. Well... I like white- even thought that's a shade. If I had to choose, I'd say baby blue."

Mint nodded, her face still red from embarrassment. The blue haired man couldn't help but keep thinking about how cute she looked. Suddenly, his face was the one that went red, and a deeper shade than Mint's.

"Uh, your turn to ask me." She reminded the male. He clicked his fingers in response and nodded softly.

"Ah, right..." he trailed off, "what's the story behind your arm, if you don't mind me asking."

The room quickly went dead silent, the only sounds was their breathing, which was perfectly in sync. It was like that for a few minutes, Mint deciding in her head whether to tell the truth or to lie and Yoongi thinking he had accidentally hurt her.

"Oh, man, I'm sorry if that was too personal, you don't have to answ-" he was cut off by the female.

"No! It's okay... I'll tell you..." she trails off thinking before taking a deep breath, "about two or three years ago, I dated a guy named Connor. He was sweet, a kind and caring man. There were no issues in our relationship, and we both trusted each other a lot- well, that was until he started taking drugs. After that, he purposefully abused me, taking all of his pain on me- and blaming the drugs for hurting me but I could tell he did it on purpose." Mint stops talking for a minute to let Yoongi process all she said and continued taking a bit after.

"I tried pushing this new side of him away, I tried loving him even if he kept hurting me. Of course it never worked, he called me a clingy bitch, and that was the last straw. I couldn't take anymore of this, by now this had been going on for a year, and I finally found the courage to speak up to him. I confronted him about my problems and told him how much he was hurting me, all the pain he conflicted on me- this made him furious. He threw me against a wall, grabbed a knife and before I knew it- he- he..." Mint stopped talking and started choking on her tears, the wet sensation trailing down her soft cheeks.

Yoongi was shocked. How could anyone ever toy with this girl's emotions, how could anyone ever hurt someone so fragile, so small... It angered him inside but he had no time to be mad. He embraced Mint in a hug, letting her cry into his shirt- not caring if his shirt would be all soaked after. 

"Hey, hey," he cooed into her hair, "shh, it's okay."

He rubbed her back in continuous circles and kissed her forehead ever so gently. Soft hiccups and sobbing erupted from the female, making Yoongi's heart ache with every sob that came out of her mouth.

"He's not here anymore, he can't hurt you anymore. You're free from him now, I'll protect you, don't worry." He tried cheering Mint up, and thankfully, it had worked. Her sobbing was less now, and she had lifted her face out of his shirt. Mint's teary orbs stared into Yoongi's ones. She closed her eyes slowly and fell onto his chest, a few snoring noises coming out of her mouth.

"Ah, jeez... You fall asleep quick... Mint, I promise, no matter what happens, I'll always protect you, don't you worry..."

Yoongi set the female down on her bed and laid next to her, bringing her close to his chest, he closed his eyes and fell into a deep slumber, a smile plastered on his face.