• 1 •

[ A/N: Never thought I'd make a yandere book but, alas, here we are! I had a couple small ideas so I thought I'd create a book for it =u= Enjoy~♡ ]

'Oh dear...' you stared tentatively at the audience before you, several pairs of wide eyes that were curious of your identity. You shifted nervously in your spot in front of the class, suddenly finding it difficult to locate your voice. "[L/N]-san...?" The teacher called from beside you, snapping you out of your anxious trance. "Ah...! Y-yes...!" You stuttered, though you feared your voice was too small to be heard [struggle ;-; ]. "M-my name is [Y/N] [L/N]...!" You bowed to the class, "I-it's nice to meet everyone. Please take good care of me...!" When you lifted your head, you noticed that most of the class looked a bit lost, while the front barely heard what you had said. You felt your soul shrink inside your chest. The teacher dismissed you from the front, gesturing over to an empty table near the back of the class.

As the class continued, you felt as if someone was watching you. But whenever you had a chance to turn and see who it could be, you found no one focused on you. You would continue working only to feel it return a couple minutes later. Deciding it was best to ignore it, you tried to not let it bother you and focused on the lesson.

- - - -

By the end of class, most of the students had already filtered out of the classroom in favor of returning home to relax while you struggled behind, taking longer to pack up your items into your book bag. As you turned to leave, you accidentally bumped into someone significantly taller than you. You knew because you felt their chin lightly graze the top of your hair. "S-sorry..!" You whimpered, stepping back and looking up to be greeted with seemingly dull, gray eyes that belonged to a handsome looking boy with a stoic expression. "It's... alright..." he muttered, his voice devoid of any base emotions. Though his expression didn't exactly scream happy, you sensed no anger in his eyes. In fact, you dared to say he looked kind of friendly. It wasn't clearly visible but the boy was blushing from the contact before.

"Here..." he bent down and picked up some books that you had accidentally dropped, holding them out to you. "Ah, thank you so much!" You chirped, taking the books from his hands and hugging them close to your chest. You seemed unaware of the contact of hands during the transaction while the boy certainly did. "If I may ask, what's your name?" You inquired, remembering your mother's advice on making friends. He seemed a bit surprised by the question but it quickly turned to bashfulness. "Riku Ito..." he replied and you seemed to brighten at the sound, "It's nice to meet you, Ito-san!"

Riku was about to say something when a loud honk from outside interrupted him. "Ah! I should get going, I'll see you tomorrow!" You quickly waved to him before rushing out of the classroom. He stared out of the window, watching you as you hopped over to a car parked on the side of the road, trying to run while simultaneously putting on your shoes and keeping your bag from falling off your shoulders. Considering the impossibility of the task, you executed it quite effectively. At least, until you reached the sleek, black car, opening the back door and nearly falling inside. 'Cute...' Riku thought.

- - - -

You had decided to eat lunch on the roof top today, seeing as it was a beautiful day out. Not too hot, not too cold, an a light breeze in the air. Riku was joining you, which made you happy. You found out he often ate alone as well which oddly didn't sit well by you. Plus, you didn't want to eat alone either.

"What'd you bring?" You asked curiously, peering over at his lunch. "Oh, it's just sweet bread..." he muttered, body stiffening from how close you were. "Hah, that's not healthy, Ito-san," you whined, pulling out your own bento. "Here," you crossed your legs on the bench and faced him, pulling out a pair of chopsticks, "We'll share!"

Riku stared at you, a light dust of blush appearing on his cheeks. You were so... innocent, so pure. 'Like an angel...' he thought. "Do you like it?" You chirped as the two of you ate. Riku nodded, "Thank you." A sweet grin graced your lips and you seemed to beam with pride, "I'm so glad!" You sighed with relief. It was in that moment that Riku realized something. Every time he interacted with others, they seemed uncomfortable with his responses. He realized that this was because of his lack of expression. It wasn't like he couldn't feel emotions. On rare occasions, he did feel happiness, sadness, or anger. But they failed to express themselves externally. This was Riku's condition.

You, however. You were different. You could look into his dull, gray eyes and see the emotion inside them. You recognized his happiness just now, and you recognized his sincerity the day before. For some reason, he had thought about you all night. About your soft skin, and smooth hair. He had caught the scent of your shampoo when you rushed out of the classroom and he could smell it now as the two of you sat together. It smelled nice, like flowers.

Your voice suddenly broke him from his trance. "Ito-san, are you alright?" You muttered, gaining his attention by waving your hand over his vision. "Ah, y-yes..." he muttered, seeing your eyebrows bent in worry. "Something on your mind?" You asked, tilting your head slightly in curiosity. "Nothing, just... You don't have to speak to me so formally..." you seemed shocked by this and he noticed an adorable blush appear on your cheeks. "Ah, I-I see..." you averted your gaze to the ground beside him. 'So easily flustered...' he thought, 'How adorable...'

The school's warning bell suddenly cut your conversation short. "Oh..! We should head back to class!" You closed the box to the finished bento and placed it back in your bag. As you sifted around to find space for it, Riku noticed something reflecting the sun's light. He wondered what it was.

The two of you headed for you next period class, which was in different classrooms. As you left down the opposite hallway, Riku felt something pull at his gut, as if telling him to not let you go. To take you and keep you with him still. He suddenly felt emptier without you by his side. The feeling was completely foreign to him and he wanted to ponder it more but couldn't. His teacher was calling him to class and you had already turned a corner, disappearing out of sight.

[ A/N: Oh golly gosh what have I done? How will I manage 3 books? ;-; Oh well, I'll figure it out~! ^w^ Anyways, hope you sinners enjoyed this chapter~♡ I'll see you in the next one! ]