Chapter 18

A/N: Finally caught up! I had so much fun writing this chapter. This chapter was longer than I thought it would be. I hope you all like the pictures that I posted. Next chapter will either be the graduation or another filler chapter. Atticus is one of my favourite GX characters (other than Zane, Jesse and Jaden of course). Happy reading!

Sammi

Word count: 2512 of 50,000

Total word count: 36,735 of 50,000

You were greeted by a loud knock. You groan and hear Alexis's voice through the door, "Y/N, wake up! I need your help with something." You yawn and mumble, "I'm coming...sheesh." You open the door and you are greeted by an overly excited Alexis Rhodes. Alexis ignores the dirty look you give her. She spoke in an excited manner, "Today is the day of the Winter Ball!" She asked, "Are you going to buy a dress?" You shake your head, "No, I don't need to. I got a few packages from my parents yesterday. One of those packages had a dress. Besides, you can go with Jasmine and Mindy." Alexis mutters under her breath, "Stubborn as always, Y/N." She added, "You do have a point. Those two are always nagging me to go shopping with them." She questions, "What are you going to do?" You shrug, "I'll probably just go out for a stroll." Alexis replies, "Suit yourself. Let me know if you change your mind." You watch her leave and you let out a small sigh.

Moments later, you were walking alone around campus. There was much excitement for the Winter Ball. You hear the chatter of many voices surrounding you as you continued to walk. You then notice Jaden, Jesse and Syrus chatting with one another. Aria said, "It looks like that we're not the only ones here this early in the morning. I wonder what they are talking about." Jesse notices you and waves, "Mornin' Y/N!" Syrus asked, "Why do you look so tired?" You reply, "I woke up to Alexis knocking loudly on my door. She wants me to go dress shopping with her. Although..." Jaden said, "Although what?"  You sigh, "Although, I got a few packages from my parents the other day." Syrus asked, "How are they?" You reply, "They're on an expedition in Egypt. They sent me a dress, Sy. I don't know when Mom bought the dress but she must've done it before they went on their historical expedition." Syrus explained to Jaden and Jesse, "Y/N's parents are historians. They have to travel a lot for work." You add, "My parents wanted me to go to school instead of traveling with them around the world. There's a lot that they want me to accomplish. Although, my parents also want me to be happy."

Meanwhile, Atticus had gone into town with Zane. He was searching for the perfect gift for you. Atticus felt nervous when he thought about you. He is madly in love with you and he wanted to find the best gift for you. Zane asked, "Where are we going?" Atticus points to a shop in the distance, "We're going over there. There is a lot that I want to look at. I mean, there are a few things in that shop I want to see." Zane nods in understanding, "Let's go inside." When they both enter the shop, Zane and Atticus hear the sound of a bell.

His love for you is eternal. The thoughts Atticus had of you were of pure warmth and happiness. The way you lit up his heart was one that he would always remember. There are many moments that Atticus will always cherish. The darkness he had would always be there. He knew that there would be dark days where he would feel like he'd lose hope. However, he also knew that he could depend on you to help him during those dark times. He genuinely loves you and he knew that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with you. Atticus wanted you all to himself. It was selfish of him but he didn't want to share you with anyone else. He made the vow to share his heart with you. That vow would stay for eternity and he promised himself that he would do whatever he could to make you the happiest girl ever. The beating of his heart signaled the anxiety he felt inside of it. Although, he felt this way...he also knew that he was making the right decision.