Epilogue

A/N: This is the most rushed epilogue I've ever written. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! it's late at night....I'm going to bed now.

Word count: 2408 of 50,000

Total word count: 44,626 of 50,000

*****Three years later*****

"Y/N!" Atticus calls out to you. He didn't hear a response back. He shakes his head and mumbles, "She always does this." Atticus calls out once more, "Y/N come on! You can't keep leaving without me!" Thud! The sound of something crashing to the ground made Atticus stop in his tracks. He then heard some incessant muttering. His feet lead him into the backyard. Atticus leans against the door and questions, "Y/N what are you doing?" You reply sheepishly, "One of the chairs fell over when I tried to pick something up." Atticus chuckles to himself. He helps you up and adds, "Just tell me if you need anything, okay? The last thing I want is my princess getting hurt before the wedding." You blush at his sweet remark.

Elsewhere, Zane looks out his window. It had been exactly three years since Atticus had proposed to you. Zane began to think of the people he faced in duels back at Duel Academy. It felt like a dream to him. Although, he didn't want to admit that he missed you. The phone suddenly rang. The sound made Zane almost jump out of his seat. Zane took a deep breath before answering the phone. He said, "Hello?" He heard his aunt's voice speak, "Hi Zane. Are you busy?" Zane was surprised. Your mother was usually busy so it was a surprise when he heard her voice. He replies, "Not at the moment. Is everything alright Aunt M/N?" Your mother answers, "I'm fine, dear. Although, I'm worried about Y/N." You call out in the background, "She worries too much, Zane!" Zane chuckles in response. Zane asked, "What were you saying earlier?" Your mother speaks once more, "Would you be able to come and visit? Y/N won't admit it but she misses you and Syrus a lot." Zane looks at the time and asked, "When do you want me there?"

Meanwhile, Atticus watches you read your book in awe. You say without looking up, "Stop staring at me, weirdo." Atticus replies, "I'm not staring, I'm admiring." You reply back, "It's still counts as staring." Atticus smiles at you, "Say whatever you want, princess. I think that you look adorable when you read with such focus." "Y/N!" You facepalm and mutter, "My mother has horrible timing..." Atticus laughs, "Looks like your mom needs you for something." He adds, "It's okay, I won't go anywhere." He kisses your forehead and you let out a huff.

A few minutes later, you find your mother washing the dishes. You said, "Mom, what's wrong?" Your mother asked, "Honey, are you really okay?" You give her a strange look, "I'm fine, Mom. I assure you that I'm fine." Your mother replies, "Your eyes don't match your words, Y/N. You're lying." You exhale sharply, "Fine...you caught me there." You add, "I'm nervous about the wedding." Your mother responds, "I'm surprised that you two didn't get married right away." You deadpan, "Mom, we were still in school...I don't blame Atticus for waiting." Your mother smiles, "Oh sweetie...I'm so happy that you found someone so sweet and funny." You reply, "Well, Atticus just gets me. He always know what to say whenever I'm feeling upset." Your mother chuckles, "Y/N, you've grown so much compared to back then." You feel a hand on your head. Your mother smiles once more, "Now, now. There's no need to be like that, sweetheart. You're doing the best that you can do. You're doing just fine when it comes to your relationship." She adds, "You've become less defensive than you were back then. I'm happy that you found someone who appreciates you for who you are." You both hear a loud crash from the garage. Your mother facepalms, "Your father is at it again..." You question, "Should I even ask?" Your mother replies, "Your father decided to show Atticus the artifacts that he collected during that expedition we went on two years ago." You hear another crash and hear your father call out, "We're okay!" You and your mom mutter, "Liar..." You look at each other and laugh.