Pilot

Her slender fingers wrapped around the demolished envelope as she screamed and cried out, "I've done it! They've accepted me!" In big bold letters at the top of the letter, it said 'Rodden's College of the Arts'. Katherine's body shook as her feelings overwhelmed her. 

"Well done baby, we knew you could do it!" her mother said with a smile as her eyes began to slowly tear up, "My little girl, all grown up and following her dreams!"

"I couldn't have done it without you both, you're the best!" Katherine said wrapping her arms around her mother and father.

"We love you kiddo, now go pack your things!" replied her father as he moved a strand of hair from her face behind her ear.

For years this was all Katherine had dreamed of, a place at Rodden's. Her hard work had finally paid off and she was going to be able to do the thing she loved most. The thought of performing on a stage in front of a cheering and applauding audience warmed her entire body, the electric feeling each time she steps into the spotlight.

Katherine immediately made her way to her bedroom to pack her things, the thought of leaving home didn't worry her one bit as she was too excited to start college in the next 2 days. Her mind raced with different thoughts: the people she'd meet, her tutors, the available auditions, what the canteen food would taste like, who her roommate would be. 

The last two nights at home were sleepless, all she could think about was the large step in life she was taking and how privileged she felt to have been 1 of the 100 in the country to be chosen for this once in a lifetime opportunity. But will it be everything she had hoped?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this is short but I wanted to just introduce Katherine and explain a little bit about 'Rodden's College of the Arts'. You will find out more about her character and the college as the story develops. Damon will be introduced in the next part! Please tell me what you think♥

I'll post some pictures below of how I imagined Katherine to look at this point in the story♥