Chapter 37

Lou's POV

Jesus Chirst.

I opened my eyes and I was lying on an old bed sheet is what it looked like. I sat up on my elbow, rubbing my head. Where the hell was I?

I then remembered I had been taken by Shaun.

Shit.

I stood up, tried to ignore the room that was spinning and stumbled over to the locked door. I fumbled about in my jeans pocket and found an old hairpin.

No way in hell I was going to be the fucking damsel in distress.

I fiddled with the lock until I heard a small click and I opened the door slowly. I stepped as quietly as I could down the hallway and I realised this wasn't the house.

It was a warehouse by the looks of things.

I didn't have anything to defend myself with so I just prayed that I wouldn't meet anyone I shouldn't.

I pressed myself up tight against the wall and looked round the corner. The corridor was empty. I went down the corridor, trying to find doors that were opened. I don't know why I was doing this, maybe I was hoping I would find an exit or something like that.

I had spent twenty minutes trying to find an open door. And then I found one.

I opened the door and I gasped.

Kate and Niall.

Only Niall was holding Kate, who was sleeping in his arms and I noticed her jeans were bloody.

"What's happened to her?" I whispered to Niall and he looked up, relief washing over his face when he saw me. I closed the door and knelt down beside him, touching Kate's face and he eyelids fluttered.

"Lou... she was pregnant..." Niall said, his voice cracking a tear, rolling down his cheek.

Oh god. Perrie was right.

"What?" I asked and he nodded.

"You know, I really thought that we could have got out of here, I could have watched the baby and Kate grow and grow each day, she would have got attached to it, I could have joked with her about fake baby names and how her ankles would have looked swollen, then I would have been able to have held my baby son or daughter, after helping Kate through the labour, I would have held the baby in my arms, seem them open their eyes, see what eye colour they had, seen who they resembled the most... but that is just another thing that fucking bastard had messed up." Niall said, tears streaming down her face and I kissed his cheek, hugging him tightly. He didn't hug me back because he was still holding onto Kate.

I heard Kate groan and Niall stiffened up, rubbing her cheek softly.

Jesus, Niall really loved this girl. He has never acted this way with anyone else. The way he watched her. The way he slightly blushed when he made he laugh. They way his eyes danced with light when they held hands, hugged or kissed eachother.

"Can you hear me?" Niall whispered in her ear and I saw her eyes open.

"Niall?" She groaned and he pulled her up and she rested her head in the crook of his neck. She then turned her head round and her eyes went wide.

"Lou?" She exclaimed and I crawled over to her and she embraced me tightly.

"Why are you here?" She asked and I sighed.

"I was taken," I said and I felt her tense up.

"But I'm fine, okay?" I said, not wanting her to go on her impulse and try to find Shaun.

For the next twenty minutes, Kate allowed to feel her stomach to see if there was any possibility the baby could still be alive. I felt around every part of her lower abdomen and I couldn't feel anything. But I didn't have the heart to tell her that.

Kate had now started to stand up and was practising keeping her balance and walking at different speeds round the room whilst Niall watched her, ready to spring if she would fall down.

"What do we do now?" Niall asked and Kate shrugged but I could tell she had something planned. But there was something different about her. There was a weird look in her eye. And she was staring at the door.

"Kate?" I said, starting to stand up. But Kate took off.

"Hey!" Niall yelled, trying to make a grab for her but she was to quick and dodged his grab, and before she reached the door, she lifted something off the ground, pulling the door closed and I heard a click as it locked.

"Kate!" Niall yelled, pounding the door, with his fists, "please, open the door!"

"I can't, Niall, I'm going to end this. I'll come back for you when it's finished. But I can't let anymore of you get hurt." She said and I heard her taking off down the hallway.

Niall turned and looked at me, his eyes wide.

She was going to go and try and kill Shaun. She couldn't do it. He would kill her before she could get anywhere near him. I went to reach for my hairpin to open the lock but I realised it wasn't there. My eyes widened in realisation. The hairpin must have fell on the floor and Kate had taken it to lock the door.

"Kate has taken my hairpin to lock the door," I said and Niall looked at the ground.

"We don't need a hairpin," he said, taking a few steps backwards and running full speed at the door.

And the door opened.

Niall sprinted out the door down the corridor and I followed him and I just prayed that I wouldn't be too late.

Kate's POV

I ran down the corridor, trying to find Shaun.

Who knows how many other people he has taken even though he had me.

I arrived at a door, my feet sliding across the floor and I put my ear against it. I could hear mumbled voices and one sounded like Shaun. I waited outside the door and then I saw Shaun walk out of it.

"Hey!" I said and he turned around and smiled.

"Hey Kate," he said, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Why the hell did you take Lou?" I asked and he smirked.

"I've taken more than just Lou," he said and before I could reply he slapped a hand over my mouth and dragged me into a room with an open door, closing it behind him. He let me go and I ran to the other side of the room.

"Who the hell have you taken?" I spat and he smirked.

"Harry and Perrie," I said and I choked.

"Let's just say they were in the wrong place at the wrong time," he smiled and I pulled my hair in frustration.

"You said it was me or everyone I cared about. So here I am Shaun! Take your fucking best shot!"I screamed at him, throwing my arms out.

"What would you have called the baby?" He said and I froze.

"Fuck you," I spat. That bastard. He knew how to get to me. I was too easy.

"Go on! Just fucking kill me!" I yelled and Shaun smiled and started to walk over to me. He put a hand on my throat and squeezed it hard. I gasped and he smiled.

"You do know that now I want money," he said, looking at me, pressing his body hard against mine.

"What?" I breathed and he looked at the ground, shaking his head.

"One Direction is going to make me richer than I could ever dream of being." He said and I shook my head.

"Don't, you said..." I started but he cut me off.

"I know, but I've changed my mind." He said, bringing a pocket knife out of his back pocket and he placed the cold metal against my cheek.

He smiled widly, his eyes shining and came closer to me, his breath stinging my ear.

"I'm going to enjoy this." He whispered and my blood froze as he started to gently draw the knife over my skin on my cheek.