Chapter 7: Tell me more about the cute guy

Finally, I can settle down and finish my homework. There was a problem that I couldn't get and I'm taking differential equations.

My poor brain is being brutally worked out, this class is seriously killing me. I asked Mr. google for help and sister you tube with no luck. I called my last arsenal, Michael.

My bother with a different mother and father. Okay, It's not really funny but Michael is my math savior and my brother's best friend. They practically grew up together like me and Angelique. He's saved my behind several times when I'm stumped with a math problem.

He puts me on speaker and I started going over the problem. I still don't get it after he explained it twice, so he told me to put him on facetime that way I can see how he got to the answer.

He's my math hero. I would marry him in a heartbeat except I found out one day that he was like my first love, prefers to be with a he that a she.  After an hour of mind numbing math equations, he changed topic, wanting to know if I've met Alex.

'You know about him too? How come I've never heard of the guy?' I was a bit perturbed.

'Because your head is always somewhere else except when you're in your shop class or playing with gadgets,' he replied. Too true.

'Mark seems to like him and I heard he's smart too,' I can hear admiration from his voice.

'Ohh, does Mikey have a little likey with Alexey?' teasing him.

'Heck no, He's straight as an arrrow. Besides Mikey is liking Mattey right now,' he said.

'Mat? Who's that? Is he new?' my curiosity got peaked again.

'Jayden, he's been in my class for like 2 years. We started going out a year ago. I even introduced him to you last summer. Are you still having memory issues? Does your aunt Jenny know that you're forgetting a lot of stuff still?' his voice of concern is starting to annoy me.

'I'm just kidding, of course, Mat, the cute guy, your boyfriend . Yah, I remember now,' I quickly lied to stop him from telling Mark and sic Aunt Jenny on me.

'Jayden, don't try and fool me. If you're not feeling well or you feel like something is wrong, let me know,' guilt eating me away because I truly don't remember Matt. Nice, and I thought that episode of my life is over.

I called Aunt Jenny the next day and told her what Michael had noticed about me last night. She made an appointment for me to see Dr. Swanson again for next week.

When the doctor heard what had happened, he figured that not only have I lost 6 months but some snippets of past happenings. He was slightly concerned but he felt that it's just part of my amnesia. 'Whew, what a relief,' I said to Aunt Jenny.

'Jayden, honey, you need to be more upfront when there's something not right about you,' looking at me peripherally as she was driving me back to my house.

'I know, but I truly wasn't even aware that there was something wrong until Michael pointed it out to me,' defending myself.

She had a thoughtful look in her face, she's probably gonna tell my parents and Mr. and Mrs. Sherlock Holmes will resume their mission, 'watch Jayden like a hawk and see if she's going cray cray again.'

Seriously, like I don't have enough in my plate. I went back to school the next day and totally forgot about my brain issue. It suddenly occurred to me that maybe that's why I can't get differential equation.

That part of my brain that is dominant has been disturbed. Maybe it incidentally killed some of my math brain cells. Likely excuse, although I doubt my professor would fall for it.