Chapter 3

No A/N

Alex POV

Two days later we made it to the city of Polis. Our progress was slowed by the hundreds of people rushing to the city, to see who the new commander may be. We could only travel at night, so no one would be able to see my face. Roan reminded me over and over again how important it was to make our entrance at the right moment. That I could cause controversy and some may believe that I am Lexa.

Roan even suggested I take her identity. He wanted me to lie and say that I am the one true commander, that even death cannot stop my reign, that I am a God. While this sounded great, it means that I would have to pretend to be Lexa. And I am done pretending. I am done pretending and hiding.

The people of the coalition will know my name and they will feel my pain. The first to go will be SkaiKru. They will be annihilated.  Then will come Trikru. My so called clan. The Queen would never allow me to take the marks of the Ice Nation, because I was still Trikru. I will prove to everyone that I am not Trikru. I am not apart of any clan. I am nokru.

I pulled the hood of my dark cloak further over my face. For now, I had to listen to Roan. For now, he is my king. But, when I become the Commander, I am above the King. He will bow to me. I will have my revenge on him as well.

Roan and his mother kept me in a cell for fifteen years. No access to the outside, unless I was learning combat or the ways of a warrior. And in those times, I would wish for the comfort of my cell. I was beat constantly everyday. I had to learn to take a hit without flinching otherwise I would be hit over and over again. Roan held a blade to my stomach, and dragged it as it sliced through my abdomen, while I held still. If I had screamed, or even blinked, it would have never stopped.

I understand what they were doing. They were creating a monster. Someone who could not feel pain. Someone who had no remorse. Well they created that monster all right. But they took it one step to far. I can understand them trying to make the best warrior possible. But when they tried to inject me with that serum. That's when they lost their monster.

I can still remember the fear I felt that night. It was only a few months ago. It was that damned sky girls fault, Wanheda. When she brought down the mountain men, it gave the Queen an idea.

She thought that she could create a monster even more evil than the reapers. What could be worse than a natblida with the reaper serum running through their veins. The memory brought back chills that shuttered through my whole body.

I was lucky though. I was very lucky to be the strongest nightblood that the Queen collected. You see there were three of us in the beginning. There was me, Ontari, and a boy that was much younger than us. His name was Merick.

I found out about his death as the needle that held the serum was being forced into my vein. Some servent came running in screaming uncontrollably.

"DO NOT GIVE THEM THE SERUM! DO NOT GIVE THEM THE SERUM!" She cried over and over. She nearly passed out when she saw the needle in my arm. "Merick is dead! The serum has killed him! Do not give it to the natblidas!"

A cool breeze made its way under my cloak, causing me to shiver once again. This time I was brought back to reality. It was a weird feeling, walking back into this place that I could not remember, but I know I had spent so much time here.

I looked at each and every house, shack, road, and rock that we passed by; knowing that it would soon all be mine. An evil smirk spread across my face. It was time.

********

A few hours later, we were preparing to make our move. The scouts had found a way into the building and the final plan was set. I nearly shook with anticipation, this has been the moment I have been waiting for my whole life.