Chapter 5

Leafkit turned around, it was Blindfur.

'' What are you doing here?'' he asked walking to her.

'' I had a really bad day, '' she flattened her ears, '' I'm just, thinking.''

'' Maybe you'd like to help me with the herbs? ''

'' NO! '' she said quickly, '' I mean.. I didn't mean it like that, I just--''

Blindfur sat down and put his tail around her flank.

'' Do you think I wanted to be a medicine cat? '' he asked, he looked at her questionly.

'' Y-yes..?'' she said unsure of the answer.

'' No, '' he looked at her and then looked away, '' I was forced to, as a kit I did something terrible.''

'' What did you do..?'' she asked curiously.

'' I ran into a fox den. ''

'' No! '' she shouted.

'' yes,'' he cleared his throat, '' It's true, I was a fool back then, they scratched my eyes, blinding them. If only I listened to my father,'' his eyes started to water, '' then my mother would still love me, she would. ''

A tear rolled down his cheek, Leafkit flattened her ears. What kind of cat would reject their kit because of blindness? thats horrible!

She hugged him, '' I like you. '' she said, '' The past is in the past, I will be here for you. '' She smiled.

'' I know alot of cats like me, but its just.. hard knowing my mother is looking at me in disappointment. '' he said calmly.

'' She's the blind one then not you! '' Leafkit quietly shouted, '' If she can't see your kind and caring heart then she's blind! your a great friend!'' she smiled at him again.

'' You should go, '' he said smiling, '' Cinderfoot will be looking for you.''

''Bye.'' she said, she walked and stopped at the medicine den entry, and looked back at Blindfur who was getting the horsetail, she smiled.

'' You're not alone.''

She padded off.