Chapter 1

Ryles Pov

I was laying on my bed pillow covering my ears hoping that it would drown out the fight my older sister Luna and our dad was having. You see after our mother had passed everything went down hill.. He was drinking again and started his abusive ways. Tears formed in hope my older sister my best friend the only one who gets me is okay. I hope she doesnt get beat badly like the last time. I walked towards her room to only hear muffled yelling. The reason of that. Pillow i had the pillow over my ears so i wouldn't hear it aloud.

I heard my sisters voice beyond the locked shut door

"How is it to hit your own kids?! Its not fair. Junwho wouldn't want this. You know it! She kept you in check over these years! Stop li-" she was cut off by my father i heard the sound that i wished i didn't. Slap. He was angry that she brought up our mother. His voice was shaking in anger
"You pathetic child.how.dare you bring up your mother infront of me! Yes she may have controlled me but reality alert shes dead! Shes never coming back! So stop being the stupid child you are AND STOP BRINGING HER UP!" He yelled at her. I heard something break. 'great. What makes it worse hes drunk...' I thought. He throws and breaks bottles when he hits it over her head.

After a long hour of him beating her
And me hearing their yells and insults to eachother which made it worse for Luna i heard the door unlock. I quickly scrambled to my room and pretended i was asleep.
I heard footsteps coming towards the bed my heart pounded when i felt the bed dip meaning somebody sat down besides me. I felt a hand brush my hair out of my face and caress my cheek. "My sweet angel...why can't she be more like you." He whispered. The alcohol smell radiating off his body made me wrinkle my nose but he didnt notice. He finally got up and left the room shutting the door. Leaving me in complete darkness with my thoughts.

Luna's pov
I sat on my bedroom floor. Blood from the glass bottle leaked down my face the bruises swelled and turned colors then the cuts bleed deeply. I defended my little sister at all costs. She rarely gets beaten and when she does its baby taps that doesnt really leave anything as in for me. Well the scars from the last time which was last week hasnt healed and was reopened and gushing blood. I sat there pondering my thoughts and got up. I hissed in pain what i do to deserve this. I prove him wrong and he gets butt hurt about it and takes his anger out on something which is me. I turned on the shower. I got into the cubert and got my strawberry-pineapple scented soap out. It smells really good and the scent stays on your body for a while. The more you apply the more it will stay. I've had it stay for a week and i only put it on at night and some mornings before school if i have time. Seeing the bloody soap bubbles wash off and down the drain disgusts me. How dare he even think about hitting a kid in general. Well i guess this is how life works i guess. I hop out of my shower once i got done. My hair was long and I've dyed it multiple times. I was thinking of dying it the color of the soap a light pink but when you flip it over the underneath was a pale yellow. I think that combination would be pretty so i got on my half sweater that was black and like a hoodie and a light ripped jeans and my old nikes they were white. I put my wet hair in a bun and put my hood on. I grabbed my phone and wallet and quietly passed my sisters and now heavy sleeping dad's room i quietly went down the stairs and out the front door. I walked quickly towards the store that was just at the end of my street. I walked in smelling the lovely scent that i couldn't figure out. I walked to the hair dye and got a lot of hair dye since i make enough to get alot. I forgot to tell you. I have a job and make alot of money. I usually don't pay attention to the name so i can't tell ya that. Anyway once i got the desired amount of alot of hair dye i went and payed for it all. I thanked the lady at the counter and headed home. I walked in holding a bag full of hair dye and quietly shut the door and locked it. I walked into my room and i opened my closet which has a secret stash where nobody knows but me and my sister to where it was. I quickly put the bag of hair dye into the abyss of darkness. Nobody knows where it leads to but it stopped to where i can reach it. I shut and locked it and shut the closet door. I put my pjs on and climbed into my bed and fell into a eery darkness which i loved.

The next morning (still Luna's Pov)

Aish we have school.. I got up and hopped into the shower. I did my business in there and hopped out i dryed my body and got dressed in ripped skinny jeans and a shirt and my black converses. I brushed my teeth and applied makeup to cover the hickeys and brusies caused by my father.

I walked down to see my sister wearing a skirt a floral blouse and white converses her hair was up in a bun. "Hey LuLu" she called me. I smiled. "Hey RyRy are you ready?" I asked. She nodded and got her bookbag and i got mine and we headed towards school.

And thus this is how our life began and how one more day is it gonna end.

Heyo guys!! I hope you like this book.
Its a collab with Heather morton and  she thinks of the plots and i write it