Chapter 10: STARK Industries

Tony's Age: 20

Percy's Age: 34 mentally, wolf body 4 (thought to be near 5 and a half years old--aging slowly)

Because Tony wasn't of age, he didn't run Stark Industries like he initially hoped too (mostly to try and be a better CEO than his father).

So, Obadiah Stane took over until Tony could be 21. Which wasn't the greatest for me.

Mostly because after Tony graduated MIT early with his degree and found a house (read practically mansion) in Malibu, California we started seeing Stane a lot more around.

Which was horrible, because the man did not have the greatest of feelings concerning Tony or I. Sure, he put up a great act of caring and looking after Tony, but the anger, the bitterness that was stuck on him always made me want to sneeze.

So, I tried the next best thing, keeping Stane away from Tony, but after the first few attempts I was ended up locked in another room by JARVIS and I couldn't have that, what would happen in Stane did something to Tony and I wasn't there?

So, after the next time I was locked in another room...let's just say I broke out with the help of Peggy who may or may not know my secret.

She didn't particularly like the fact that I never told Tony but when I reasoned with her, she reluctantly went along with it.

When I first entered the room they were having a meeting in, Tony was about to send me back out until I just laid by his feet and calmly placed my head on my paws.

Because while I would love to maul Obadiah (and was that the part of me my mom's training or my wolf instinct to protect?) I couldn't exactly do that if I wanted Tony to be protected.

So, reluctantly I stopped the attacks on Stane. All the while hating myself for it. The act lasted for a year where Tony reluctantly listened to Stane's advice about giving it a few more years until he became CEO, that he should slowly do it and keep Obadiah in charge until then.

You don't want to rush into things, Tony, if you do there will be mistakes and that wouldn't end well would it?

Gods I hated that excuse, mistakes for whom? Tony, or you, you lying Bitter Old Man?

Grumbling to myself during that meeting was a bit weird, and I know Tony looked at me concerned as I somehow glared at Stane (I think I scared the poor dude!).

All Tony did was stop the meeting, kicked Stane out after slowly agreeing to the terms, and then took my to his workshop and have JARVIS scan me to make sure I was fine.

Which I was, other than the annoyance I felt toward the bald-haired petty man. When JARVIS told Tony I was fine I felt touched as I saw the tension run out of the young man but there was still this look of concentration on his face.

I better not become on of his experiments, I've seen how most of them start and end with before they start being improved. Most end up in the trash after Dum-E had extinguished them.

Well, at least not the salvageable ones, Tony was getting better at not utterly destroying his creations, but that was only just.

Other note, he made another robot he named ButterFingers. I liked him, because both he and Dum-E liked playing fetch with me.

Even though Tony sometimes hates it when we do that in his workshop, most of the time I'm able to draw him into playing with my begger-eyes.

Of course, he then made U and let's just say playing fetch was really tiring, especially when they sometimes throw it somewhere they can't reach making either Tony or I go fetch it.

I don't think the robots really know how fetch works, they kinda just throw it at each other until they miss and then make me go get it.

Over the years Tony kept making weapons, even though I could tell that not all of his heart was into it, while Stane kept running the business while Tony was just the face.

Tony himself went out a lot more once he was 21 and was drinking a lot more than I liked, and then there were the women.

I hated them. They stood against everything both my mothers taught me and I felt like they were using Tony.

Which is probably how I ended up being kicked out of the room every time Tony brought one home, well, I also kinda volunteered because no one wanted to see their parent (and Tony was basically my parent-best friend right now) doing that.

Gods I remember almost dying when my mom had to first initially explain to me that part of adulthood. Like, why? Girls are disgusting why would you do that?

Though, Pepper was better.

I liked Pepper.

She had this no-nonsense attitude and totally adored me. And then felt pity for me whenever Tony did that (she reminded me of Peggy actually with that attitude).

She would usually find me outside his door laying down waiting for Tony before calling for me and fixing me a bed in the living room and then giving me this dog ice-cream to have.

I adored her very much.

Which is why I always hung out with her the next day while ignoring Tony as a punishment for bring the trash into his room.

He usually gave me the peanut butter dog-cream as an apology and by then we made up.

It was a cycle I didn't really mind because in the end I got ice-cream and had an excuse for hanging out of Pepper and then Happy when Pepper had to work and get something for Tony.

It mostly stayed like this until Afghanistan.