Chapter 18: A Betrayal Cut Deep

I do not own Iron Man or Percy Jackson.

Takes place during Iron Man 1

Time: 1:05:59-1:13:34

Tony's Age: 26 years old

Percy's Age: 40 mentally, wolf body 4 (thought by others to be 7 and a half years old--aging)

By the time it was night, Tony's bruises had set in quite a bit, his arms were littered with them and his shoulder still seemed a bit sore.

This was why I wasn't surprised when Tony went back down to his lab with an ice pack strapped to his arm nor how he instantly switched from relaxed to work mode.

"Notes. Main transducer feels sluggish at plus 40 altitudes. Hull pressurization is problematic. I'm thinking icing is the probable factor," Tony ratted off to JARVIS as he sat in his seat.

Looking around the room, I decided to lay beside his desk and sleep to regain some of the energy I used to just play with Tony and relax him.

"A very astute observation, sir," JARVIS sarcastically said as my mind flashed to the loss of communication with Tony from his flight test which created the bruises on his body now. "Perhaps, if you intend to visit other planets, we should improve the exosystems."

I watched Tony roll his eyes but the corner of his lips twisted upward to tell him he was amused by his AI. "

"Connect to the sys. co. Have it reconfigure the shell metals. Use the gold titanium alloy from the seraphim tactical satellite. That should ensure a fuselage integrity while maintaining power-to-weight ratio. Got it?" Tony asked as he drank from the smoothy he made before coming down here.

"Yes, shall I render using proposed specifications?" JARVIS inquired as the schematics for the current design appeared on the computer as I lazily watched two important people in my life banter and collaborate.

"Thrill me," Tony told JARVIS as my ears perked up, realizing JARVIS was turning the news on louder so Tony had something to focus on.

"Tonight's red-hot red carpet is right here at the Disney Concert Hall, where Tony Stark's third annual benefit for the Firefighter's Family Fund has become the place to be for L.A.'s high society," The TV Journalism reported from where she was standing outside the Concert Hall.

"JARVIS, we get an invite for that?" Tony asked curiously as I perked up slightly, wondering if Tony had something planned.

"I have no record of an invitation, sir," JARVIS said after a moment, I knew he had been searching through the vast amount of information he had access to at the tips of his fingers.

"... hasn't been seen in public since his bizarre and highly controversial press conference. Some claim he's suffering from post-traumatic stress and has been bedridden for weeks. Whatever the case may be, no one expects an appearance from him tonight," The Reporter informed their audience that almost caused me to groan at her choice of words.

Because what was the best way to get Tony to go somewhere? Tell people that they weren't expecting him to make an appearance. Tony was like that.

"The render is complete," JARVIS notified Tony.

"A little ostentatious, don't you think?" Tony told him as I sat up to look at this new suit myself.

On the screen was an armored suit, like the previous one Tony had tested but was completely golden in look. It did look a little showy, and while Tony was one for non-discretion, I also thought being completely gold didn't suit the new look.