My Family's Wishes?--Chapter 1

The stage was cool, shiny, and black. I could see the spots of different colour where the lights shone one the flat, welcoming surface. The music was building, louder and louder, untill it was almost unbearable. Then, suddenly, it fell silent. I could hear as every member of the audience drew a breath and held it, waiting. I shivered, just a little. Then I thought, "This is my time!", and I jumped, into the spotlight. The stage welcomed me home.

Chapter One:

The first half went by with no major glitches. I was sitting back stage, massaging my feet, when she came in. The star of the ballet, Victoria Marchette!

"You dance well tonight." she said. I felt like I couldn't breathe. Victoria, the Victoria, was speaking to me like an old friend!

"Thank you," I stated as matter-of-factly as I could. Inside, I was shaking.

"I look forward to the dancing with you, in rehearsal," and with that, she excited the room. When she left, I regained my ability to speak, and think, clearly.

I could not beleive it! Out of all of the dancers doing the same routines as me, she noticed my dancing! Of course, I knew I was an amazing dancer. How could I not be, with my Mother being Emiline Vance, considered one of the best ballerinas of all time? Then there's my grandmother, second only to her daughter.

All my life, I had been dancing. I didn't really have a choice, but I enjoy it all the same. It is a good thing I do, because my older sister, Ginny, didn't. She was 18 when she left for school and never came back. All those years she had danced for my mother's benefit alone. I could not imagine life without the theater. The stage, no matter where it is, is more welcoming than any other place in the world. To me, atleast.

"5 minutes! Hurry up ladies!", broke into my thoughts. With a small gasp of excitement I prepared myself fo rthe final act. It was with thoughts of my sister that I began to walk to the side of the stage. My mom still refuses to speak of her, and her apparent betrayal of our family.

The music began, low and sweet, and I began my graceful walks onto the stage, my saddening thoughts already forgotten.