Chapter 14: Maybe...

Jesse's POV

"No, I'm not coming home tonight. I'm staying with Joyce. I don't care!" She groaned. "Goodbye."  And she hung up.

I put my phone away. I knew that calling Nicole, when she was with Joyce, was a bad idea.

I walked back to the kitchen, to mom and dad. "And?"

I sighed while sitting down. "She's staying over at Joyce's house."

Mom and dad sighed briefly but nodded. "Then let's eat." And so we sat there, eating dinner. It was so awkward.

"So Jesse, how was school?" mom asked, trying to make some conversation.

I shrugged. "It was alright."

"And how's your boyfriend?" dad asked proudly. It was so sad to see how happy he was for the fake boyfriend I had. Did they really love seeing me be unhappy?

I looked at my food. "He's good."

Dad patted my shoulder. "I'm - We're really happy and proud."

I smiled a little, but it faded immediately. "Yeah..."

"Is he coming over for dinner soon?"

I looked at mom. "I don't know, I haven't asked him yet."

"Tell him he's welcome any time." Mom caressed my hand, smiling proudly as well.

I smiled back, a little, and then continued eating.

Soon after, we were done eating. Mom and dad stayed downstairs, watching tv. They asked me to stay with them, for family time. But I denied, I needed to see Sid.

I went upstairs, to my room, and locked the door. I changed into pajamas and laid down on my bed. I held my hand on my heart.

I'm coming, Sid. I'm here for you, baby. I won't let you down another night.

_____________________________

Sidney's POV

I was looking at the sunrise. It looked so beautiful. I can't wait for the day me and Jesse can see it together.

I looked at my watch, it was time.

I stood up and walked inside my house. I walked to the bedroom, waiting for Jesse. She always appears here, she should be here in a few minutes.

I smiled and waited. I sat down on the bed, I was hoping to surprise her with a cake I made. It was one of the things she loved.

"Come on, baby, where are you?"

I waited and waited, but nothing happened. I looked down, she wasn't coming. Again. I stood back up. I put the cake on my bed, it was for her so... 

I walked back downstairs and went outside again. I guess I'll enjoy the sun alone today, again.

As I walked outside, I noticed something strange. The tree, it's leaves were falling off. They never did, in those years I lived here...

I walked closer, feeling the tree. Something's wrong, something's definitely wrong.

"Jesse, please... Don't forget about us."

__________________________

Jesse's POV

I woke up, blinking.

"Sid?"

I looked up, seeing my room coming into view. I had slept the whole night, but I didn't visit her... Why am I not visiting her anymore? What's wrong?

Sid, I'm here, baby. I hate that we're not together, I don't know what's wrong.

I laid back down, my head was resting on my arms. This isn't good, this doesn't feel good. There must be a reason why I'm not visiting her anymore.

"Jesse!"

I sighed and sat up. "Coming!" I stood up and walked to my closet, taking my clothes out of it. I don't know what's wrong, Sid. I'm trying to get to you.

I sighed and finished. I walked downstairs and entered the kitchen, seeing mom and dad there. Mom had just served breakfast while dad put his newspaper down. 

"Good morning, honey." Mom kissed my head.

"Morning." I sat down, eating breakfast. I wasn't really in the mood to talk to them. Somehow I connected Sid's disappearance to them, I know it's weird. But they were the last people I saw in my dreamworld... There has to be a reason for that. Right?

I quickly finished eating breakfast and got up. "Well I'll see you tonight."

Mom stood up. "We love you, honey." She kissed my cheek. She was making sure I knew they were proud, as if I didn't feel guilty enough.

"Yeah... Love you too." I walked to the front door, but was being followed by mom and dad. Before I opened the front door, I turned around. "Is there a problem?"

They backed off a little, shaking their heads.

I rolled my eyes and opened the front door, but sighed when I saw Jacob standing there. "Hey Jesse. And Mr. and Mrs Nilson."

I turned around, seeing mom and dad smile at Jacob. I pushed them back inside. "Bye!" I then walked to Jacob, smiling. "Hey."

"Hey." He wrapped his arm around my shoulders while leading me the way. "They're really crazy."

I nodded. "Yep..."

He chuckled.

We walked to school together, Jacob kept his arm around my shoulders. But I didn't mind. It actually started becoming normal for me.

_______________________________

During lunch, I sat outside, alone. I wasn't doing much, just thinking. My eyes were closed so I could feel the cool air brush against my skin.

How I longed for my Sid to caress my face. But where is she? Why am I not with her?

I opened my eyes again. I felt so lonely, so bad and so guilty. Maybe she hates me, maybe she's angry at me for faking this relationship with Jacob...

I remember the last thing she told me: You love me, I love you. That's all we need.

I sighed again. She's right, she's always right. It should be all that I need, all that we need. And I do love her so much, but...

My parents... They won't be happy with this. How am I supposed to explain them that I'm in love with my dream girl?

They'll laugh at me, they'll think I'm pathetic. I'm loving a girl that doesn't exist in our world... I'm so stupid.

Maybe... Maybe I should just be with Jacob...?