IX

Happy thanksgiving 🦃

////////

Michael got to the park looking around for the blonde boy. That was probably the most confusing phone call he had ever received in his entire life time. What did Luke want and why did he do it so fast?

About looking for a few more seconds he saw Luke sitting by a water fountain in the middle of the park looking at his phone bouncing his right leg wildly. Luke, he was anxious.

Michael took in a sharp breath before walking over to Luke, clearly his throat to get Lukes attention.

Luke look up and pursed his lips together gesturing Michael to sit down, in which Michael obliged and sat next to him looking at the pennies and dimes thrown into the fountain, probably by four year olds wishing for a unicorn or pony for their upcoming birthdays or Christmas.

"So." Michael chuckled awkwardly.
"Why did you want to meet here?" Michael looked away from the fountain to Luke who was now pulling on his fingers nervously.

Honestly there was nothing for Luke to be afraid or nervous of. Either Michael says yes and they go or Michael says no and Luke stays at home with Ashton.
Simple as that, just one thing blocked Luke from asking.

His fear of rejection.

From his research (WebMD) it says that it's common for a lot of people but for him he could never even ask for a napkin at McDonald's because of it.

Finally Luke thought it's Now or never.

"Okay so this might seem weird for me to ask you because we haven't even really known each other for three months yet but do you like maybe-wannabemyfakeboyfriendtothisworkparty thing?" Luke spoke quickly causing Michael to furrow his eyes.

"What? Speak slower." Michael chuckled.
Luke nodded before beginning again.
"Do you maybe wanna-" Luke was now speaking way to slowly causing Michael to cut him off.

"Luke just speak in your normal speed of talking."

He nodded once again beginning to speak once again.

"Do you like maybe wanna be my fake boyfriend to this work party thingy so my ex can see I moved on?" Luke cheeks flushed a dark red now.

How embarrassing is this?

You're so irrelevant luke.

Should've just stayed home and not have asked.

While Luke was lost in his thoughts, Michael was thinking of an answer. He didn't know when it was or if this means Luke is using him or not.

Once Michael thought about how Luke could possibly one day pay him back and that Calum could babysit Indrid for a couple hours he decided to go with Luke to this party thing.

"I'll go, tell me when, what time, what to where, and how serious you a our relationship to be." Michael smiled.

"Wait really?" Luke beamed.

"Yeah, I know how it feels to want to make your ex see you moved on and don't need them anymore." Michael shrugged.

Luke ignore what Michael said and went ahead and told him the details.