Sneaking Out

Anxiety's POV

The pressure was all on me. And we only had a few minutes until we're seen by the guards.

"I-I...I say we....we split up!"

"What??"

"W-we split up."

"Why would we do that?! That could go wrong in many ways."

"I can never do well under pressure. I couldn't decide. It was the first thing that came to my head."

"Damn it Virgil. But I think that'll work. Also we don't have time right now. I'll go by Alice's room. You go-"

"No. I'll go by Alice's room."

"Why?!"

"Asher. There's no time. Just take the eastern hallways and I'll go to the second floor. She's my sister apparently. I'm stronger than I look."

There were no guards. Now was the perfect time to sneak through for me to get to the staircase.

"The staircase is down the hall. Be quick."

I nodded my head and snuck off. I waited at the corner of the hallways where the staircase is. But guards were practically guarding the staircase. And to make things worst. Guards were coming down the hallways, closing in on me. The nearest place I could hide was behind this old armor stand, but it was in the view of the guards who were blocking the stairs. But it's my best bet.

As the guards we getting closer to me, I quickly made my way to the armor stand, the group of guards were talking, that was my window to slip behind armor stand. Surprisingly, it didn't make any noise.

I waited there. Not being seen. The guards we still there by the stairs. I was still unseen but I knew I had to get out from behind the armor stand. Fortunately, there was a loud noise coming from the eastern hallways. Must be from Asher. All the guards ran towards it, leaving me a open opportunity to go upstairs.

I quietly made my way up the stairs. The only safe way for me to get to the back of the castle where the forbidden staircase was to go past Alice's room. I sprinted through the halls until I got to the corner of Alice's hallway. No guards there. There was light shining underneath. Meaning her light was still on and she was awake.

I slowly made my way past her door. Small steps at a time. The only light was coming from the crystal glass windows and the moonlight shining from them. The curtains were out of the way.

As I was slowly walking past Alice's door, the floorboard squeaked. Loudly. I heard foot steps coming from Alice's room. I had to hide. I quickly made my way to the curtain and hid behind them. Alice's door opened. I peaked out of the curtains and saw her looking down the halls. I was scared. Of her. But I remains silent. Until she went back into her room.

I sighed in relief and quickly made my way past her door. The stairway want far. I turned the corner and the staircase was blocked off. By old wooden boards and metal scraps. It was gonna be hard to pull these apart without making noise.

I started pulling small scraps apart slowly. I made a small enough hole for me to crawl through. I made it through but the entire wooden and metal part collapsed. The noise rang through the entire second floor of the castle. I started to panic. I could heard tons of guards running through the halls towards me.

I ran down the stairs quickly. The stairs we run down. I could see why these were forbbien to use. When I got to the bottom of the stairs I appeared in the kitchen. It looked like it hasn't been used in years. No dishes or silverware or anything was used or anything. And there was a back door. I used that and was finally outside. There was dry grass and plants plants everywhere. I walked around, hoping to find Asher.

"Took you long enough."

"Shut it Asher. I'm here now so let's go. I'm pretty sure they're gonna follow us.

"What makes you say that?"

"I may have made a really loud noise going down the stairs and they started to follow me."

"Your kidding. Ok we gotta leave now. I know a way we can get out easily. We got through the town. Guards aren't aloud to go through the town because your parents don't want them to be surrounded by lowlifes of the town."

"I can't wait to leave this place. Let's go quickly."

We went around the entire castle and made our ways to the town. The entire castle was looking for us. We ran through the town. When we got to the front gate we used the hole under the wall that was used for me and Patton to escape this place before. I'm surprised no one covered it up. We slipped through it and ran as fast as we could away the kingdom.

When we knew we were safe we rested for a bit.

"So. I wanted to thank you for helping me. Never knew you had in it ya to help me. No offense though."

"None taken. Thanks for trusting me."

"No problem."

"So your going back home?"

"Yeah. What about you?"

"I don't know. Never really had anywhere to go. I know I said I did. But I don't."

"You've lived here?! Since we were kids!!?"

"I had no choice. I'm alone now. No friends, no family, no connections to anyone."

"D-do you remember Aaron?"

When I said Aaron's name, he blushed.

"Ye-yeah. I remember."

"You know he lives in the town i live in. You can come with me. See him again."

"What about Alex? Know anything on him?"

"I'll tell you on the way. It's a long story."

We started walking farther away from the kingdom. I just couldn't wait to get back home. See Roman again, see Logan and Patton again. But it's a long way back. And me and Asher have a lot to catch up on. I somewhat trust him now.

But all I really want is to be with Roman right now.