Chapter 3: #DamagedGoods

----3 hours later: LAX----

The plane lands at LAX.

Angela and Keith stand up from their seats and tries to make their way through the small aisle to meet up with Mary, Katy and Maria but it was really crowded.

"Hey Mom! We will meet you at the end of the tunnel!" Angela shouts from across the plane.

Mary hears Angela's voice and turns her head; she sees Angela.

Mary holds up her hand and gives her a thumbs up; she didn't want to scream across people.

"Oh Mom, Maria feel asleep." Katy says as she stands up.

"That's right, the lady Joyce told me she is used to having naps around noon, in Connecticut its like noon right now, but she needs to wake up cause its only 8:00 am here." Mary explains.

"Naps?" Katy asks Mary a bit confused.

"She's 6 years old, around noontime wouldn't she be in school?" Katy continues.

"Apparently Jenifer didn't enroll her into first grade this, so Maria would stay home." Mary explains.

"I guess she had a nap time." Mary continues

"Oh, well I'll wake her up." Katy says as she leans down.

"Hey Maria, wake up." Katy whispers in Maria's ear.

Maria stays asleep.

"Hey chickadee wake up." Katy says as she strokes Maria's right cheek with the back of her right hand.

"Guess where we are." she adds.

Maria slowly opens her eyes.

"We are in California!" Katy says happily.

"Come on we have to get off the plane." Katy says as she sits Maria up.

"Wait, Katheryn, I will just carry her it just makes things easier." Mary says.

"Hey honey, I am going to hold you until we get inside." Mary says reaching down to Maria.

Mary picks her up and then makes her way down the aisle with Katy following behind her.

Everyone makes their way down the tunnel into the building.

"Is that your father right there?" Mary asks Katy while pointing at Keith as him and Angela come out of the tunnel doors.

"DAD!" Katy yells out as she waves her hand in the air.

"Oh there they are." Keith says to Angela.

They walk over to them.

"We have to go to bagging, Keith wanna get the car?" Mary says to Keith.

"Yes, of course honey." Keith says.

He then walks away.

"Okay lets go to bagging." Mary says to Angela and Katy.

"Can I get down?" Maria asks.

"Oh yes." Mary says as she puts Maria down.

"We are gonna walk over to get our bags so hold on tightly to my hand." Mary tells Maria.

"I want to hold her hand." Maria says pointing to Angela.

"Me?" Angela says.

"Okay, here we can be buddies." Angela says as she holds out her hand to Maria.

Maria raises her eyebrows.

"Okay." she says as she shrugs her shoulders.

 Maria holds on to Angela's hand.