3 || Leaning Against You, I Cried ||

DISCLAIMER! ~ I  DO NOT OWN ATTACK ON TITAN OR ANY OF IT'S CHARACTERS! THEY ALL BELONG TO HAJIME ISAYAMA! I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THESE PICTURES! CREDITS BELONG TO THEIR ORIGINAL OWNERS! I ONLY OWN THE PLOT OF THIS STORY! I HOPE YOU ENJOY AND HAVE A NICE DAY!

~*~
Maria Hospital: Hospital Room 69, Level 4
19th Of September XX14
02:53 pm

The low whisper of Levi's voice caught my attention but, unlike the other times, I couldn't catch what he had said. Though, it was something about remembering someone; I didn't catch who though.

Once again, there was a moment of silence before I took in a deep breath, sighing it out afterwards, "Hey, Levi..."

"Yeah?"

"Have we.." I paused, questioning myself - it would seem weird to ask this but, I decided it wouldn't do any harm, "Have we ever met before..? I.. I feel like we have but... but I can't remember if we have or not..."

A couple of seconds ticked by and, for a second, I thought he wasn't going to answer, but I was proven wrong when I heard his voice form words; so cold and unemotional, almost as if he had rehearsed them, "No, we haven't."

"Oh," was all I responded with. "A-Anyways! Um.. could I please have the book that you were supposed to deliver to me..?"

"Right." No more than a second after, I heard the opening of some sort of bag; it's zipper making a low ripping noise. There was a bit of a rustle before, I'm assuming, he handed me the book for I heard him say, "Here you are."

"Thank you very much!" I reached out to grab the object, not knowing where it was.

Warmth suddenly engulfed my thin, ice cold hands and it didn't take me too long to realise the warmth was coming from Levi's own hands.

His hands felt different from any other hand I had ever felt before; it was icy and scaly but, at the same time, it was warm and soft - the opposite of the personality he showed.

He was like his hands in a way; rough until you felt the whole of it's surface.

His hand led my own forward until I felt the smooth surface of what I assumed to be a book.  It was large but light-weighted at the same time.

I moved my hand across the surface, pulling it towards me and letting go of Levi's hand. I couldn't describe the feeling even if I wanted to but, at that moment, I felt... I felt like I had just been given something that could either begin or end a world.

My hand brushed against something; a bump - the title. I moved my hand over to where I held felt it, and when I did, I brought both of my hands to feel/read the title of the book I so longed to read.

"It's called Unforgettable Past... It's one of my favourites." I heard Levi say, "Since I don't know what you like to read, I chose one that I myself like, very much so."

If I still had my sense of sight, I'd be staring at the book in awe but, alas, I could only leave the cover to my imagination.

The title 'Unforgettable Past' sounded so mysterious - I wanted to start reading right away, but I knew it would've been rude to Levi, who had been sitting ever so patiently while I ran my fingertips over the cover of the book, trying to imagine what it would've looked like.