Period Length of Time

JacksonReader

Just like those many, many movies where the houses burn down and the rubble collapses creating a pile on one another due to the mixture of shades flickering around the structures of the building, my stomach was like an exact replica of every single one of those scenes. Not only that but if it doesn't stop then the studio apartment I'm in will no longer be intact.

The pain was unbearable, the clutch of my hands firmly held the painful area and the non-existent nails I have dig into my sides to avert the pain from my cramp to another area of my body. But the force was too powerful, the pain remained strong. The patch of crimson lay underneath my figure, another pair of bottoms ruined. It was in fact that time of the month, holy did I hate it.
Mother Nature seems to despise me back. Unfortunately Yugyeom and Jackson are not aware of my pain as they have left to grab groceries, although I should ask Jackson to pick up some necessities. Girly necessities. But as my hand reached over for my phone, the loud slam of the door is heard from downstairs and the sound of someone hushing.

'Be quiet! She might still be asleep!' Jacksons voice is quiet compared to his usual, that is so sweet.

"Jackson! Come here alone please!" I cried out and the loud—rushed— footsteps of Jackson could be heard scurrying up the stairs.

"What's wrong?! Are you okay?!" With that, he is instantly by my side. Only stutters are produced as a reply, I didn't know how to say 'oh sorry I ruined your perfectly pearl white sheets due to Mother Nature being a bitch'.

The only other option was to show him, so with that I inhaled and slowly lifted the quilt up to reveal the blood patch; his eyes grew wider with worry as the liquid clearly stood out from everything white.

"W-what's happened?! What is that?!" He's panicked, pacing around the room with his hands in the blonde of his hair, wrinkles in his forehead as he's thinking.

"Jackson, it's just my period." A deep chuckle escaped the back of my throat. At the boys cluelessness. As soon as I mentioned the deadly word, his eyes soften and the gentle roughness of his palm grazes my cheeks as his hand travels to my hair. Gently massaging my scalp.

"I'll go and run you a bath, anything you want?" His voice was so tender with the slight raspiness of his normal toned voice, his pupils travelling all over my body to check for any other problems. I'm

"Girly things, desserts and painkillers?" My voice dripped with a sweetness, almost sickly sweet. He chuckled at my chance and leant down. I felt the warmth of his soft, but flightless dry, lips against the bumps of my forehead.

I'll admit I'm not the prettiest, I have acne, slightly oily skin and the darkest bags you will ever see. So this leads me to believe Jackson is using me, but in moments like this...my mind switches. He really does care about me. He really does love me, am I really the one he cares for?

I heard the waterfall of water booming against the bottom of the tub, my legs dragging the rest of my heavy body towards the bathroom. Feeling the squelch of blood in my area, the cold dampness of the sweatpants against my thighs left me cringing. Jackson had stepped out and cupped the flesh of my cheeks, staring straight into my eyes.

"The bath is ready, take as long as you'd like." His voice was soft, the way his arms engulfed my small petite body. With that I entered the lukewarm bath.

***

When I went into our room, the sheets were off, my most comfortable pyjamas were laying on the top of the bed. With a little sticky note neatly placed on the top, 'meet me downstairs when you're ready <3,~Babe'.

My slippers slid on perfectly and I trudged my way down.

"Jackson I-" My eyes widened when I stepped into the living room, there held a fort built with blankets, pillows, fairy lights and other comfortable objects. The movie 'Titanic' paused on the screen, the room filled with snacks and drinks.

"D-do you like it?" He whispered towards me, his eyes following my every moment as I sat beside him. I was speechless, only stutters escaped my mouth. So I only nodded, while he wrapped his arm around the slight bumps of my shoulders and startled the movie. My body leant against his chest and allowed me to cuddle his warmth.

It was silent and rather obvious neither of us could focus on the movie, his hot deep breaths against the top of my ear. The next words sent chills down my spine, a smile reaching from eye to eye.

"I love you."

826 words

826 words