What The Fuck Do You Know About Anything?

Eddie thinks he's ugly and Richie is more than willing to convince him otherwise~

Eddie

"You're fat and ugly. No one will ever want to date you, especially not Richie and you shouldn't even want him to like you because he's your best-friend you fucking creep. You're such a stupid loser." I always talked to myself in the mirror this way. I called this 'using my voice of reason.'. Even though the things I said probably weren't reasonable at all to most but it's how I felt about myself and everything else. I was 18 and over the past 6 years I'd developed a major crush on my best friend of 10 years. 

It was very clear to anyone who knew Richie that he was straight. He always had a girl on his arm but if he didn't have a girl on his arm, he had me on his arm. We didn't have sex or anything like that but ever since we were kids he was handsy with me and a ruthless flirt. Sometimes I wondered if he really was straight but then he'd prove himself easily. He never tried to kiss me or anything like that and I'd never seen him with a boy. He may flirt with me, cuddle with me,  hold my hand sometimes, and spend 90 percent of his time with me but it was pretty obvious he didn't mean anything by it. We were just very close friends, that's all. We knew almost everything about each other. He didn't know about my crush on him and my raging insecurities.

We were hanging out with the rest of the losers at the park when he seemed to notice it. "You know Eds it's like 80 degrees outside and you're wearing a sweater." I had it on because I felt like I looked fat and the sweater was baggy enough to conceal it. "I'll wear what I want Tozier and don't call me that." He laid off of the subject but I could see a twinkle of concern in his eyes. When we left the little picnic area he held me back for a second. "Pull your sleeves up." I knew what he was insinuating immediately and I was a little offended that Richie would even think I'd hurt myself like that, but the signs were there so I guess I couldn't blame him.

"Do it or I'm doing it for you." When I pulled them up and showed him my completely clean wrists he looked a bit confused. "There's got to be a reason you always wear these damn sweaters." He dropped it after that. Our friends went their separate ways while Richie and I went to his house. 

His parents and I exchanged our normal quick conversation before Richie ushered me into his room. His parents were always so nice to me and I never understood why Richie was always so eager to get me away from them. Part of me hoped that he was just eager to be alone with me but why would he want to be alone with such a fucking loser?

"Now that we're behind closed doors, take the sweater off." I had a shirt on underneath it but I still squirmed in discomfort at the thought of removing my sweater. I did it anyway because I knew if I didn't Richie wouldn't let it go. "There? See? I'm not hurting myself  Rich. You know I don't like pain." He surprised me then by lifting my shirt and inspecting my torso. I wanted to run out of the room fucking screaming and crying. I felt so vulnerable under his gaze. I felt so ugly and horrible about myself. "You're a bit thin Eds. You need to eat more before you like disappear or something." He was pulling my shirt back down and straightening it out for me.

"Oh please. I'd rather waste away than gain weight." 

"Why? It's not like you're fat." I snorted and his face got serious. "What? You're not. Please don't tell me that you think you are." I sat down on his bed and crossed my arms over my chest. I avoided his eyes and I avoided speaking. He was sitting next to me in an instant, close as always.

"Talk to me Eds." He grabbed my hand in his and held it, rubbing soothing circles into the back of my hand with his thumb. I broke down then. "I hate myself Rich. I hate everything about me. I'm fat, I'm ugly, I'm worthless, I'm a fucking coward, I'M--"