Two

Tala found herself walking along the battlements a few months later and found herself about to pass by Cullen's office and began to head down the stairs when he came walking out. "Tala! I was ah...just about to come find you." He spoke up as she looked him to confused.

"Odd because I was just wondering where you were." She commented as she tuned to him. "Can we talk? Alone?" She asked walking back up the stairs and towards him.

"Alone? I mean of course!" He nodded as they walked away from his office. "It's a...uh...nice day." He said nervously, as she looked to him.

"What?"

"I... there was something you wanted to talk about." He tried to cover quickly as he mentally kicked himself for his stammering.

"About that." Now she was kicking herself but she knew that if she didn't take the plunge she would regret it for the rest of her life.

"Is something wrong?" He asked worriedly as she looked to him.

"You left the Templars, but I'm a shifter. By all right and laws we should be natural enemies but I was wondering if you would ever see me as anything more."

Cullen swallowed then. "I could. I mean I do... and what I might say in this sort of situation." He told her walking a few steps away with her right on his heels.

"What's stopping you?" Tala asked as she felt herself want to melt at his gaze. The gaze of a lion.

"Aside from the fact that you're a shifter, we are at war and," he frowned with an almost pleading look. "I didn't think it was possible."

"And yet I'm still here." Tala told him as she leaned against the rampart behind her.

"So you are..." he began to move closer to her, and she watched as his pupils dilated as she felt her heart skip a beat at his smile. "It seems too much to ask-but I want to." He told her as he leaned his head closer to hers. But before he could close the distance they were interrupted and Tala found herself both suddenly embarrassed and greatly amused. When the scout with the poor timing left Tala found her voice.

"If you need to-!" But her voice was silenced as Cullen turned around and immediately kissed her, causing her brain to shut down as her body took a moment to respond.

"I'm sorry...but that was um...nice." He apologized as she finally registered what had happened. When Tala asked what she did next he chuckled and kissed her again.

*****

A week later found Tala with Adanaya, Bull, Varric and the mage who was a new comer to their ragtag band since Haven fell, Dorian, in the Hinterlands. They were doing something there but Tala had forgotten what. Sitting with her back to a fallen log, Tala was watching the crackling fire when Adanaya held a letter down to her. "It's from Cullen." Tala reached up and took the sealed envelope from her friend and opened it to read his letter.

"Aw, Tala has a smile on her face." Iron Bull teased as she flashed him a glare.

"Ah young love." Dorian smiled as she raised a brow towards him. "Its amazing to see that you have a thing for strapping young Templars."

"And you have a thing for Qunari men." Tala teased Dorian right back as Varric almost choked on his drink.

"True but Im not a shifter in a forbidden relationship."

"Makes for a better love story then the Twilight Saga books in my world." Tala flashed a gentle smile as Adanaya busted out laughing. "Now if you will excuse me." Tala stood up and walked to her tent but listened in as Bull commented about her.