Chapter 6

I closed my eyes and savored the sweet flavor against my taste buds. I hummed as I looked back down at my strawberry ice cream. I took another big scoop and shoved the large bite into my mouth as I repeated my little savoring act.

"You're gross," Colton commented as he made a disgusted face.

I smiled with my mouth full of ice cream and puckered my lips towards him, initiating a playful kiss.

Colton rose his eyebrow and took a napkin. He put the napkin against my lip. The napkin stuck on the leftover ice cream that were on my lips. I swallowed the ice cream and laughed in amusement as I used the napkin to wipe my mouth.

Colton chuckled as he started eating his ice cream slowly.

The door bell rung as someone entered Scoop. Me and Colton looked at the door curiously. At the door, there stood Isaiah Chaser. Isaiah was companied by the rest of his soccer team. Apparently, the soccer team stops by here often after practice, just to eat away their gains from practice.

Isaiah still had a couple scratches and bruises on his face. However, his condition now looks ten times better than it was when he first got them. I turned back around towards Colton as I duck my head.

Colton copied me.

"Why are we hiding?" he whispered.

"I don't want him to see me."

"But you saved him."

I shook my head and sneakily took a big scoop of ice cream before shoving it into my mouth. "I still don't want him to notice me," I mumbled between the ice cream, "popular kids are crazy in the head."

"You're hanging out with one of the popular kids right now." Colton whispered to me.

It was true. Colton was well known as one of the smartest people in school. He was respected for his good lucks and incredibly smart brain. There was no way he was able to win class president if no one in the school knew him.

"You're nothing!" I teased.

Colton shrugged and sat back up.

"Hey," I heard Isaiah's voice from behind me.

Isaiah welcomed himself to sit next to me. I scooted over and blinked at him.

"Hey," I responded.

"Thanks for doing what you did back there," he said.

Isaiah was still dressed up in his dirty soccer uniform. Even though he did smell like grass and dirt, there was no uncomfortable smell of body odor.

"Aren't you benched for the next two weeks?" I heard Colton ask from the other side of the table.

"Yeah, smarty," Isaiah scoffed and suddenly shot a glare at Colton.

Colton rose his eyebrows and leaned back against his seat. It was clear that there was past tension between these two.

I cleared my throat and turned my body towards Isaiah, "Well, what are you going to do?"

"I still practice," he shrugged, "I'm benched because I got in trouble, not because I'm hurt." Isaiah smiled reassuringly to me. Then he shot up from his seat, "I still don't know your name."

"It's Aubrey," Colton interrupted.

Isaiah furrowed his eyebrows at Colton and then casually looked back at me.

"Yeah, it's Aubrey," I casually greeted and pressed my lips together awkwardly.

"Well, Aubrey," Isaiah started and glanced at Colton, hoping for him not to interrupt our conversation again, "It's nice seeing you again. Hope to see you around school and thanks again."