Ch.4 After School Hexer Pt.5

Everyone had decided to spread out further to cover more land. Mai went to what seemed to be the back of the school. She started searching around the bushes.

*Mai POV*

"I wonder how everyone else is doing." As I stood up I looked up at the fence in front of me and walked over to see closer. I started to hear crying, is that a kid crying?

"Is someone there!? Hello!?"-I yelled

I saw a backbag which seem to belong to a small child. I decided to jump and take a closer look, bumping my shin in the way 'ow' I thought as I rubbed my shin. "Hello! Please stop crying and tell me where you are", I yelled trying to locate the child. Out of the corner of my I saw what seemed to be a sewer cap slightly open. 'Huh? Why is this here?' I thought to myself as I walked over to it and pulled it open more and looked down.

I was surprised to see a small child inside. "Are you okay?Are you hurt? I'm coming down to help you ok?" I yelled to the child as I started to climb down.

"MAI!? What are you doing!?"-I heard Naru yell my name and found him over behind the fence.

"Theres a small child in here!"-I yelled back at him

"...a child?''-Naru

"Yeah look over there, you can see her schoolbag..or not.." As I turned to point where I had seen the bag I found nothing as if the bag had never been there. Still in the ladder which I had planned to go down on I felt myself slip "Shit"

"Mai!"-Naru said as he opened the fence door which I hadn't seen

"I-I'm okay"-I said as I regained my grip keeping myself up

Suddenly I felt myself being pulled down I turn to see what was pulling me and found the little "girl".

'Oh god no'-I thought as I started getting pulled harder and losing my grip. As I started to fall I felt someone grab my hand I opened my eyes which i had closed to find Naru holding onto my hand.

"Geez..you idiot"-Naru

"Na..''-I couldn't get his whole name out as I was still in fear of what was happening

"You're okay, calm down. Put your foot on the ladder. You can do it, right?"-Naru

"Y..Yes"- I said as I started pulling my foot up but as I stepped on the ladder it gave out and I started to fall.

'I'm a goner!' I thought

"Argh" - I said as I rubbed the back of my head. 'Why does this happen to me?', I thought to myself

Are you ok?''-Naru

"Huh!? You fell too??-I asked surprised to see Naru

"If only you had let go of my hand I wouldn't be here right now"-Naru

"Oh no, I..I'm sorry, I didn't expect the ladder to break. Uh Naru, someone will come to help us soon right??'-Mai

"Did you tell anyone you were coming here?''-Naru

I shook my head no.

"Me neither."-Naru

"Uh, hey somebody!- I shouted hoping someone should hear me

"Can we get out somehow?''-Mai

"Can you see a way out? What in the world were you doing here anyways?-Naru

''Er, well I heard a young child crying and when I looked around I saw a little kid in here"- Remembering the little kid I looked around not seeing her I gasped and thought 'Oh god, the bottom was pitch black and I couldn't see anything but I could see her completely clear.'