Chapter One

Chapter One: The Blue Box

The Cardiff Central Library, as you could probably image, was a perfect place to study. Not only did it have many, many books and great cafés just around the corner, but there was also a peaceful silence throughout the place of knowledge. The only disruptions were the turning of pages, clicks of fingers on keyboards and the occasional opening of a door.

Well, that's how it usually was.

"Come on, Eloise. Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

Eloise glared at her friend.

"No."

"Ple-"

"No."

"P-"

"I swear to God Cameron, if you say please one more time I will kill you with a cactus."

". . . Please?"

She slammed her book shut, causing the boy to scramble from his perch on the table and hide behind chair.

"Cameron . ." She growled.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! It's just . . . I can't do it by myself. Who do you think I am? Changing Tatum!"

Eloise sighed through her nose, thoroughly done with him.

"Yes you can."

"No I can't!"

"You can."

"I can't."

"Can."

"Can't."

"Can."

He opened his mouth to argue again, but the girl cut him off with a cold glare.

"Don't even think about opening that mouth of yours."

"But she so . . . Fiona." He said lying stomach down on the table, legs hanging awkwardly over the edge. "And I'm so . . . Shrek."

Eloise rolled her eyes and opened her book again, hoping to go back to studying instead of dealing with her best friends love life.

"Firstly, I don't think you're Shrek. You're not fat, you're not Scottish, you're certainly not green and I don't think you're an ogre. And secondly, even if you were Shrek, don't Shrek and Fiona get together in the end?" She muttered, trying to get him to lower his voice.

Not that it worked.

"Fine. Then-then I'm . . . Charming! I'm that Charming guy!" He yelled sitting, immediately being shushed by nearby people.

Ears tinted red, he whispered an apology. Eloise tried to hide her small grin by burying her head further in her studies.

"Charming is an egotistical mummy's boy. Not exactly my cup of tea. But, I suppose Charming is quite pretty and he does get most of the girls."