Sample chapter 4

When I entered the cafeteria, I saw my brother and Adina talking they might have felt my presence because when I entered cafeteria everyone stopped doing whatever they were doing and started staring me, because I was in a horrible state my hair was messy and knuckles were turned blue because I punched a wall and pulled my hair due to frustration.

I ignored all the stares and walked towards the table where Valken and Adina were sitting. I sat on the chair next to Valken and opposite to Adina. She was giving me a questioning look.
"Ok spill it," Valken finally spoke.

"Spill what?" I asked.
"Why are you frustrated, Nic?" Adina asked.

"Well.... because I met Ethan a few minutes ago," I blurted out.

"What!?" They both exclaimed together. Yeah, they must have not seen him or met him yet cause he was not in the cafeteria. Lucky me.

"Yes I met him, he is the same shit and he knew I loved him and he still thinks I love him," I said all together in one breathe.

"So do you love him? Still?" Adina asked.

"Of course not why would she?" Valken said all of the sudden. Why does my brother sometimes behave so odd.

"Let her speak, Val," Adina said.
"Do you love him, sis?" Valken asked.

Do I love him? I don't know, there is something in Ethan which has always attracted me. He was my best friend once before I knew that was all the time pass to him. I loved him more than I should, maybe I still do. But now my anger is taking control over love. Now when I see him, his face reminds me of that day. That day when he ruined my life and my reputation.

"Earth to Veronica," Adina said.
"Do you still love him?" She asked again.
"Yesnomaybe," I said it all together.

"Human language, Nic," Valken said in amusement. Why the fuck is this boy amused?

"I said 'yes no maybe'. I am not sure ok I don't know what I feel. But I know what I feel right now and it is frustration," I said.
They both sighed.

"Look sis I know no one can forget their first love but Ethan is no good it's better if you forget him because he is trouble and we don't even know where he was this 2 years. He is no good to anyone, loving him would be the stupidest thing." Valken said.

"What are you love expert or something?" I asked slightly amused by his speech. Valken never talks about love stuff. When he gives advices like this, it gets awkward for me.

"Wait we do know where he was these 2 years he was in London. Come on Val how can you be so stupid." Adina said. Valken laughed and I sighed at her stupidity. Yes, Adi can be very stupid sometimes whereas Valken is the smartest person I have ever known. They both are polar opposite and everyone knows opposites attract.

"We do know where he was Adi but we don't know where exactly he was in London and what he was doing there." Valken said and Adi formed 'o' face in understanding.

"I don't love him that much Val but I still do have feelings," I said. I wasn't going to lie to the only two people who genuinely cares for me.

"Then stop showing your feelings stay strong and don't let him hit your weak point this time," Valken said.
I nodded.

I know I won't be able to erase these feelings permanently but I can stop showing it. I can't show him my weakness. I am a bad girl. I am Veronica Ryder. Strong Veronica, not weak one.

Ethan Blake gets ready to sleep with one open eye.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey! my favorite people what do you think about Nic's confidence?

Don't forget to vote, comment, share, and follow.