Chapter 5

When I woke up in the morning I was very nervous and very excited to start my classes .

I grabbed my bag and placed my books in it . I saw a line of first years so I followed them to the transfiguration classroom . The castle is so big , it's hard to find your way trough all of the corridors . There are also a bunch of doors everywhere . I grabbed the map in my bag and looked for the classroom , i just to turn left and the first door to my right is the charms classroom .

I entered the room , it has 7 rows of long tables . When I looked around the classroom I spotted Persephonie in the fourth row so I sat next to her . I gently placed my bag in the chair as I sat .

"How was your first day??" I asked her

She didn't need to talk I just read her mind and found out . She was very happy because the Hufflepuff common room is next to the kitchens , and she was pretty happy to be sorted in the same house as her dad .

Our charms teacher came in after a few moments . She has shoulder length red hair , a small pointy nose , she's wearing long purple robes , and she has a very happy expression on her face when she came in .

"Good morning , first years" she said with a very happy tone . "It's always nice to see new students here at Hogwarts . I'm professor Diana Cole , you can call me Professor Cole . Im your charms professor " she said while walking all over the front of the classroom from left to right .

"Im not expecting a lot from you first years . Most students only know basic things about charms when they come to Hogwarts , but I'm sure you will all leave Hogwarts with a lot of knowledge about Charms " Me and Persephonie looked at each other with uncomfortable faces .

"For you Ravenclaws . What spell would you use to create fire?" She looked around seeing if someone's going to be brave enough to raise their hand , but nobody did , the room was just filled with silence . I shot my arm into the air after a few moments . Professor Cole looked very pleased when she saw it . "Yes miss.......er......." She pointed at me .

"Kowalski , Professor " I said , "The answer's Incendio "

"Very well . 10 points to Ravenclaw " she said

I looked at Persephonie and she has a very puzzled  expression on her face .
"How did you know??"

"I read her mind" I whispered to her before she can even speak .

The class went pretty well . Our teacher taught us a spell from the  "The Standard Book of Spells"  only a few students found it very interesting , and I'm one of them. 

Transfiguration was the next class . The Transfiguration classroom was not that far from the Charms classroom . A man was sitting on the table in the middle of the classroom Ravenclaws are having Transfiguration with the Gryffindors , so I sat next to Nathan .

"Who's teaching Transfiguration??" He asked

"Albus Dumbledore , the first professor we met " I told him , reading Dumbledore's mind .

When the classroom filled up , Dumbledore stood up .

"Welcome to your first Transfiguration lesson , first years " he said CALMLY (A/N this was an Easter egg to the "he asked calmly " line in the 4th book . Of course you already know that , but I just want to say it 😂)

He tapped a stack books with his wand and it turned into a cat , I was so amazed , everyone else was too . The cat purred and licked itself , then Dumbledore tapped it again , the stack books appeared again .

"How did you do that professor ?" A girl behind me asked .

"That is what you'll learn in this class "

Everyone was leaving the classroom . My book fell to the floor so I had to pick it up . When I looked up everyone was gone , including Nathan because he had to go with the Gryffindors . I was about to leave when Dumbledore spoke .

"You're a Legilimens aren't you , Miss Kowalski"

When he said those words I took a deep breath ,  bit my lip and carefully looked back .

"Yes , sir" I said , my voice was shaking . I might get in trouble .

"I remember you mentioning it when we first met . I would like to talk to you for a moment "

I walked over to the front of his desk , my body still shaking with fear .

"What about , Sir??" I said while placing my books in his desk .

"About your powers "

"Er....OK "

"I believe that your Mother's a Legilimens as well , and that you inherited your powers "

"Yes , Sir "

"You're American , right?"

"Yes , sir . But we moved to London when I was 8 "

"We should talk next week .  Your about to be late for your classes "

I grabbed my books , left the classroom and went to the potions class.

"When are you going to talk??" Persephonie asked while were walking towards the great hall.  I told her everything Dumbledore said .
"I think he'll train you"

"I doubt it . I already got enough training from my mom , well to be honest it was just basic training . He said we'll talk next week I don't know exactly when "

So many owls appeared in the great hall the next morning . So many barn , tawny , and snowy owls came in , they were dropping packages and letters in front of their owners . Hootie landed in front of me with a letter on her beak , I grabbed the letter and opened it .

Dear Jazz ,

You probably started all your classes when you receive this letter . I hope you like it there at Hogwarts . Uncle Newt said that your allowed to visit us in Christmas . Congratulations on making Ravenclaw .

Today's our first history of magic exam . He started talking about wizarding history . In my opinion this subject is just rubbish , I didn't understand a thing , I spend the whole class doodling on my parchment .

When it was free time I went to the library to get started on my history of magic essay . Then I returned to the common room afterwards .