2017 Indie Ebook Award

I'm thrilled and honored to share this good news with my Wattpad friends. You, above all people, have given me the confidence and courage to keep writing.  Thank you all, very, very much.

Iris Chacon

~o~~o~~o~

The following text is quoted from http://reviews.libraryjournal.com/2017/11/in-the-bookroom/self-esteem/indie-ebook-award-winners-2017/. 

The third annual LJ Indie Ebook Awards has now come to a close. Committees of librarians—plus the authors of some of last year's winners—volunteered their time to evaluate hundreds of submissions and determine the best ebooks self-publishing has to offer in Sf/Fantasy, Mystery, Romance, and YA. These books—and many others—can be found in , a subscription-based digital discovery platform for indie fiction. Congratulations to all of the honorees, including our first-ever overall winner, A Queen from the North. (Kate Digirolomo, http://reviews.libraryjournal.com/2017/11/in-the-bookroom/self-esteem/indie-ebook-award-winners-2017/, posted Nov.13, 2017.)

MYSTERY Winner

Chacon, Iris. Finding Miranda. CreateSpace: Amazon.2016. 

230p. ebk. ISBN 9781311180315. MYS

Librarian Miranda Ogilvy is the new girl next door in the small town of Minokee, FL, where she hopes to make a home of her late aunt's cottage. She's just settled into a routine with the gun-toting, porch-sitting old ladies on her block when blind radio deejay Shep Krausse runs—literally—into her life. However, Miranda isn't Shep's only new acquaintance. Beneath Minokee's quaint exterior is a darker truth. Readers are in for a treat when Miranda and Shep team up against the sinister forces out to off them both, proving that our enemies are closer than we might think. Still, the ample comic relief and romantic scenes help to lighten the load of the novel's murderous elements.

VERDICT 

The many delicious twists and turns provide a wild ride as Miranda and Shep try to prevent chaos from reigning in their neighborhood. Those seeking a perfect balance of cozy mystery, romance, and nail-biting drama should look no further.

—Emilie Hancock, Mount Pleasant Regional Lib., SC

~o~~o~~o~

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

My newest book, Lou's Tattoos, A Comedy of Errors, launches December 1. After that, I begin work on the much-requested sequel to Finding Miranda.  Also coming after the first of the year, an audiobook version of Duby's Doctor.  I'll be sure to keep my Wattpad friends updated on progress.  Thanks again for all your reading time, votes, comments, and many words of encouragement and support.

Iris Chacon