Strings

It was enchanting.

Invisible notes and chords float through the air in a harmonious melody of strings. The source unknown but nonetheless does it draw one towards it; making whoever fortunate enough to listen to it find it no matter what. Like an inescapable magnetic field and you're trapped in it, but even if you have the choice, you still won't oppose the force.

Just like a certain no. 1 idol...

Her heart was beating faster than normal but what for? She wondered to herself. She felt her breath catch as she listened to the faint strumming of strings from somewhere. There was no voice to accompany the soft music but somewhere in the back of her mind, she had a pretty good guess on who it could be.

Nico closed her eyes as she hummed along to the beat, the papers in her hands momentarily forgotten [she can deal with Eli's yelling later, seriously, they're graduating in a few days, she can take some time for herself first]. The song was familiar, definitely a song of muse, her own sub-unit to be specific, but something about the way it was played felt different. It felt personal. As if whoever is playing pours their heart out to the song...

God I'm so cheesy, Nico mentally grumbled.

She then felt her legs move on their own accord, her ears straining to detect the source. She wants to find it, her curiosity needing to be satisfied. Plus it was really great, if it's not the person she thinks it is, she could always drop by and compliment the musician. Any possible aspiring artist such as her deserves to be recognized.

Stairs; she found herself climbing up a familiar set of stairs.

The rooftop... who'd be up here half an hour after the final period? Nico mused; then again I'm not one to talk if I was nearby enough to hear it...

Reaching the final step, she tucked the paper into one arm and peered at the small window on the door. Trying to take a peek on who it could be. The music was louder, the notes and chords clearer as she finally recognized the song and she found herself smiling in recognition.

"Hesitating, indecisive, I still can't make up my mind

Even as I count the stars with my fingertips

The day I fell in love -- thinking about it makes my chest hurt

Hesitating, indecisive, I still can't make up my mind

The night's about to end, I have to make my choice soon, but...

Falling in love has made me a bit of a coward, huh?"

The unsaid words tugged at her heartstrings. Even with just melody, she knew the song being played softly all too well.

She had heard of acoustic covers of their songs before – this one included – when she'd idly browse through the net. It was no surprise with the amount of popularity they were gaining. But this... the way it was played was nothing short from the heart. Like it was reaching out to a certain person, the guitarist speaking out the words they could never say through a wooden instrument and a gentle song...

"Footsteps approach, and I wish that they were yours

Even though I know that can't be right

Those feelings, of wanting to walk close by your side—

I find myself wishing for you to accept them"