Chapter 1

I tiptoed up to Steph from behind. I had no idea what she was doing, but it was weird. She was currently bent over with her head in a large bucket of water. I tapped her on the back.

She popped out of the water, dragging her hand through her short blonde hair. I mustered up the most serious and sophisticated face I could.

"Excuse me ma'am. I may be mistaken, but last time I checked people weren't permitted to stick their heads in big buckets of water."

"Oh, hey Lux. What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

"I was just blowing off some steam." She let a big puff of air out. "You should try it." She offered.

"I don't think so."

"Your doing it and that's that, so lets get going." I looked at the large bucket thing and back at Steph. Her defiant face told me she was not going to take no for an answer. And that she would throw me into it if she had to.

I let out a breath. "Ok."

The water was freezing. It felt as if all the air in the world had been knocked out of me. I tried to pull up but Steph's hand was on the back of my head. Oh great, my best friends trying to kill me now, lovely, just lovely.

The water wasn't as cold anymore I could feel it around my face. It felt smooth, even if it was just water. She removed her hand when she felt I wasn't struggling anymore. I heard her duck her head under, right next to me.

I was shocked I wasn't out of breath yet. I thought I heard something and I popped out of the water, Steph right on my tail. I did actually feel better.

We were both breathing heavily and moving our hair out of our face, it was a little harder for me because my hair was much longer than hers. I saw she was holding a crab. My eyes got wide.

"There were crabs in there!"

She started to laugh.