Chapter 12

A couple secounds later we all started making our way up. When I stood and started to take in my surroundings, I saw a large table filled with treasure. Skeletons surrounded it, the one at the head of the table was One Eyed Willy, for obvious reasons. That wasn’t even the weirdest part. Mikey was standing next to him, talking and it almost looked like he was crying. Some people lit candles, the light catching his attention he turned to us and, sure enough, he was crying.

”Hi, guys.” He wiped at his face as we starred at him. “How’s it going? This is Willy. One-Eyed Willy. Say hi, Willy. Those are my friends, the Goonies.”

Okay, he’s officially lost it. He’s gonna have to go to an asylum if we get outta here.

”How long have you guys been standing there?” He asked.

”Long enough, Mikey.” Brand said. “Long enough.”

Mikey took a puff of his inhaler.

We all made our way to the table, a couple people lighting the candles on it. We just stood there, in awe of all the gold and jewels.

”What are you staring at? Let’s go, load up! Anything you can put into your pockets.”

”Okay, Mikey!” Data yelled and reached for a bowl of coins.

”Except that.” Mikey said. “That’s for Willy, leave that for Willy. Take everything else!”

I started to fill my pockets to the brim with anything I could find. 

Mouth walked up to me with a beautiful gold necklace with clear rubies on it, “Beautiful necklace for an even beautifuler girl?”

I looked up to Mouth with laugher. As I looked at him and took the necklace I realized something. I liked him and not just as a friend I’m always teasing. But that’s exactly what I did, “Beautifuler isn’t a word, Dork.”

He smiled, “I know, I just like annoying you.”

Then we went back to collecting treasure.

”Hey, come on you guys. Hurry up! Those creeps are still after us.” Steph said.

”That’s right! What’re we gonna do?” Andy asked.

”I don’t know.” Brand said. “Who cares?”

”I got an idea!” Mikey exclaimed.

”What is it?” Data asked.

That’s when I noticed something, but Mikey was already talking. A hand covered my mouth and yanked me back.

”I saw this on The Hardy Boys once.” He began.

”Uh, Mikey.” I tried, in the arms of my assailant.

”We leave a trail of jewels into one cave...and we can hide out in another.”

”Mikey.” I tried again.

”When the Fratellis go into that cave, we can make a run for it.”

”Now that sounds like a great idea!” The lady said from beside me.

Everyone jumped and turned to look over, their eyes landing on me.

”I told you guys you should pay more attention to me.” I rolled my eyes.

”Outside!” The lady yelled in her raspy voice.

I was drug outside by the Italin singer. When they got out there I kicked him in the shin, he fell over into his brother and I bolted back to stand behind Data. “I know what I’m doing.” He said, opening his coat.