Chapter 6. Filling in the Blanks

It flew right over Songkarn's head...  

Knock had picked Cho up at the bus station and was carrying his bag for him.  They stepped into the living room and were greeted by his father,  Bright and Farm.

After the hellos,  Knock smiled sweetly at Farm.  "I know this is a really big imposition Nong but,  I thought that since you and P'Bright have become good friends,  you'd be kind enough to let Cho have your room for a few days.  You wouldn't mind sleeping with P'Bright would you?"

Knock looked at Bright now.  "P',  can you make some room for Farm?"

Seeing both the nodding heads,  Knock touched Cho's arm.  "Good then,  come Nong, I'll show you to your room."

Cho put his hand on Knock's shoulder.  "P'Knock,  I feel bad,  I don't want anyone to be put out because I'm here.  I could sleep anywhere really.  The sofa or some other room.  I'd even share the bed with Nong'Farm if he didn't mind,  or you P'Knock."  Cho looked at Farm and smiled.  "Really Nong whatever is easiest for you."

Bright grabbed Farm and put his arm around the boy's back.  He smiled at Songkarn who was busy adjusting the collar of his shirt.  

Back to Cho,  "Oh no Nong'Cho,  that's not necessary,  we want you to be comfortable.  Farm and I don't mind sharing at all,  we both stay up late at night anyway.  Really,  his room is yours for as long as you like.  Right Nong'Farm?"

Farm was nodding furiously.

Knock tugged on Cho's shoulder,  "See,  it's all good. C'mon."

Farm ran right behind and then past them,  "I'll get my stuff out right now P'Cho."  

Songkarn never noticed how happy Farm was to oblige.

That evening at dinner,  Knock announced that he and Cho were going to Bangkok the next day.  He told his father that he was bringing Chop and Per for a visit.  

As narcissistic as Songkarn was,  he loved his grandsons and was happy that Knock had invited them.  "Ah wonderful,  that's why you asked the boys to double up,  the twins will stay with you in your room,  right?"

Knock nodded.  "That's right Dad."

Bright almost gave himself away when he asked with such glee,  "How long will the little guys be staying Knock?  A week or two?"

Knock sputtered,  "Ah,  I don't really have a schedule P',  but not likely that long.  Phubet is going home soon, and I've spoken with Mew's doctor, Mew will be heading home himself in a day or two.  With Mew back,  they will want to see him."

Bright drooped.

..................

...Knock left early for Sathorn to get the twins...

Her rusty, beat up tin can of a car, sputtered as it limped up the street. She knew that if she timed this out right, when she got there, Knock would already be gone. What she wasn't looking forward to, was sitting on the side of the road in a dead car and, the way it was acting, she wasn't sure it would survive the short trip.

Fortunately, the bucket of bolts made it, and when she pulled in and shut it off, it back-fired.  A big black cloud of smoke barrelled out of the exhaust.

She watched as the cloud drifted up and thought: "Great! KaBoom, I'm Heeere! So much for the quiet entrance."

Unknown to her but, a boon nonetheless, Songkarn was out of the house early.