Chapter 2

"Are you the guy?" I asked crossing my arms. I hope not cause I truly despise the scent of cigarettes. The man chuckled a bit and puffed the smoke into the air "Yep. Asuma Sabutori, and starting today I'll be you guys mentor." Shikamaru just shrugged at the response not really caring, Choji just smiled and said "Hey nice to meet ya! My name is Choji Akimichi!" Asuma looked at him and smiled "What about you three?" I sighed and said "My name is Ryuki Yuzu." I swear the smoke was annoying the hell out of me. After I said something Ino responded "My name is Ino Yamanaka." Then Shikamaru said "Shikamaru Nara." "So what's on today's schedule chief?" I leaned against the wall and swiped at the air trying to avoid getting the smoke into my mouth. Asuma chuckled and said " Well for today I just want to get to know my students. So we'll be hanging out here." He nodded his head at the direction of the BBQ spot. With that choji feel in love with him, "No way!" He screamed "Are we going to eat here?" Asuma smirked and said "Yeah, and I'm buying." I turned my attention back to Asuma and chuckled. I mean he honestly knows how to make a good first impression. Before Choji could run into the restaurant, shikamaru stepped in-front of him and looked at asuma "What's the catch?" Asuma just chuckled "There isn't a catch, just plain talking." Ino just shrugged her shoulders and said "Well if your buying then why not." She walked inside the restaurant and I followed her, I mean how could you turn down free food. Shikamaru and choji soon followed after and asuma came last. We all sat in the back of the restaurant by the window. I ran ahead of Ino and called "Window seat!" Like who doesn't like sitting by the window. Ino just chuckled a bit from my childish behavior and sat next to me and shikamaru next to her. Choji and Asuma sat across from us. Asuma called for the waiter and ordered Beef, pork, and chicken. As the Grill between us began to heat up, Asuma coughed and began to speak "So has your mentor I'm here to say from here on out the way you see life will be different. I'll teach you how to become a leader on the field, use teamwork to survive, and learn common knowledge of the field. I will also be looking over you and making sure your heads stay on the right path." The waiter came with three plates full of uncooked Pork slices, beef, and chicken. "Time to dig in." I grabbed the chopsticks that were on the table and used it to grab my pieces. Then one by one I placed my pieces on the grill in-front of us. "I have a question." I spoke up breaking the silence. Asuma looked at me "Sure kid, what is it?" "Are we going to go on super cool missions and all that?" Asuma chuckled as did Ino and responded "Yes Ryuki. We'll be doing missions. However, it'll be mostly C-Rank and D-rank missions but depending on the team's growth it'll go higher." Shikamaru took a drink of his water and joined the conversation "That makes sense I guess." We all ate the food and talked about our interest and what we wanna be when we get older. After we was done, we left the restaurant and walked through the village. I went in-front of Asuma-sensei and pointed my finger at him "Say, how strong are you?" He just chuckled at me "Pretty strong I'm guessing. Why?" I smirked and turned around "Good, because I don't wanna be trained by a nobody. So where are we going anyways?" "Well we're going to just walk around the village and get to know each other. And after that I'll test each of you in combat. See where you guys stand ability wise." Shikamaru sighed "I would've just preferred the walking around the village part. What a drag." Choji smiled "Aw come on Shikamaru, how bad can It be." I patted him on his back "Yeah! I mean come on. I need to fight!" While we were walking, Ino began walking next to me which caused to get butterflies in my stomach "You really love fighting huh?" I rubbed the back of my head and gave out an awkward chuckle "My mom told me I get it from my dad." Asuma joined in on the conversation "I knew your dad ya know." I turned around and looked at Asuma-sensei with bright eyes "R-really?" He smiled as we all stopped near a tea stand "Yeah. He very well known around the village. He's considered one of our elites." Choji turned to look at me "Wow Ryuki, your dad must have been amazing during his time." My smiled dropped a little to his response "Yeah, too bad I never really got to know him." Asuma came and patted me on the back "He always told me he had a son, I never knew it'd be you though. And looking at you now shows the resemblance." I smiled a little "Yeah, my mom told me we both looked exactly alike." I sat up straight from my seat and grabbed the front part of the bench "So tell us more about yourself." He basically went on about his childhood life to his days as a member of the "Twelve Guardian Ninja" which was a group that protected the land of fire daimyo, that basically means a Japanese lord or multiple lords.