Prologue- 5,000 Years Ago

It looked like it was a battle that they were losing. Their loyal guardians of the Millennium Items were dead and gone, and they were the last people standing against Zorc Necrophades, a gigantic monster born of darkness and hatred.

Iris, Queen of Egypt knew this, and she and her brother, Atem were in a tight spot. She brushed a strand of dark hair away from her tanned brown face. Then her amethyst eyes widened as she suddenly remembered a spell that could prevent Zorc from dominating the world, but it came at a price.

"Pharaoh! I've found a solution to this dilemma! We've already tried to defeat this evil with the Gods, but nothing seems to work!" Iris said.

"What do you suggest, my Queen?" Atem asked.

"I recall a spell that seals this evil away for the time being. But the price is steep. In order to do that, we may have to sacrifice our lives for the good of Egypt!" Iris said.

"What if the evil arises again?" Atem asked.

"Let's hope that day never comes. If it does, the downside to this is we may have to regain our memories to unlock our powers. For the spell to work, we must say our names for it to seal the magic away." Iris explained.

"My Queen, what are you saying?" Seto, the only guardian of the Millennium Items who was still standing demanded.

"Seto, I need you to listen closely! The pharaoh and I will rid Egypt of this evil. After we are sealed away, we will give you and Cleo our Millennium Puzzles. It will make you both Pharaoh and Queen of Egypt." Iris said. Amethyst eyes met cobalt blue.

"Please, preserve our father's wishes of peace in Egypt." Atem said.

"Farewell my Pharaoh, My Queen." Seto said after a solemn silence.

They both recited the spell, and after several seconds of flashing lights and yells from Zorc...it suddenly was quiet. Pharaoh Atem and Queen Iris were nowhere to be seen.

In order to protect their names and keep the promise to the previous rulers to preserve the peace in Egypt, Seto and Cleo destroyed their Millennium Items and placed them in their respective tombs.

Here's where the story begins...