Something To Think About

Wyatt
Youth was dismissed after about an hour. Jaeden (the boy I just met) got up and fixed his clothes. I hear a familiar voice from behind me.
"Wyatt, my dude, come here for a second." My heart stopped. That couldn't be good.
"Woah buddy! Ease up I'm just asking you what you thought of the lesson." His hand tapped my shoulder for a split second then let go.
"Oh! I liked it a lot! Mark is one of my faves!" I said, giving him a toothy smile. He smiled too.
"Ah yes indeed. Well I'm glad you enjoyed it." He sent me away and I caught up with Jaeden.
"Jaeden,"I said causing him to turn around. He was talking to a really short girl with red hair and piercing blue eyes  she was overall beautiful. I looked at her and felt something in my stomach. No not attraction it wasn't a good feeling. I turned to Jaeden.
"Um so when are we heading to the...um...sermon?" I said messing with my sleeve. He lit up.
"Ah,yes of course! Let's go." With that we left the building, that strange feeling still lingering in my chest.
• • •
We got to the auditorium and looked for some seats. Of course, the girl was still with us. When we found some seats, she walked passed Jaeden and sat down on the end of the row. Jaeden followed, putting him in the middle.
"This is my favorite part." He told me looking at the stage. I nodded and chuckled. Soon enough a tall man with grey hair wearing a nice suit came on stage.
"Good morning Church Of Christ how are we today?!" He was really enthusiastic which made me smile. He started with announcements. The one thing that immediately got my attention was the Christmas party happening December 10th. Jaeden leaned over and whispered in my ear.
"You should come." I shivered under his breath. "I might have plans." I said whispering in his. He sighed shortly.
"I'm not forcing you. Just something to think about." I smiled at him and he smiled too.
• • •
Church let out an hour later. Everyone was chatting and hugging and saying their goodbyes. I followed Jaeden out of the auditorium and we went outside. The girl was no where to be found. I almost felt relieved.
"So, who was the girl?" I asked walking in front of Jaeden. He went red.
"Oh, uh, that's Sophia Lillis. She's a,uh, friend." He stuttered out the last part. I used this to my advantage. "Are you sure?" I said with a smirk.
He went red again. "Yeah, she's not my type. She's kinda..I don't know...strange."
I knitted my brows.
"What do you mean." He shrugged. "I don't know she doesn't seem like she like likes anyone. It's weird. Yeah I'm just gonna give up on dating." He looked at his feet. I just nodded. We bid our goodbyes and went our separate ways. On the way back, I couldn't seem to keep that boy out of my head.
• • •
When I got home, I ran upstairs. I flopped down on my bed and pulled out my phone.
I pulled up Instagram and went to search. I typed in Jaeden's name. No results. I sighed and put my phone down. I stared at the ceiling.
Jaeden ran through my mind at least four times. All I knew was that I couldn't wait for that Christmas party....

A/n yall I hope you like this. I'm trying to be more consistent but I have a lot of homework so yeah lol.
Thank you and love you!