Intro Pt. 1

With coloured leaves falling outside a stained window, I glanced down at the ground, imagining the crunch under my feet. Looking at my clock, the numbers read 3:50 am. Sighing, I turned to my bed, retreating from my window sill. While laying down, a pair of violet eyed peered down from the ceiling.

"Your back." I stated casually. The creature blinked and lowered itself to the foot of my bed. "Guess you're gonna be here for a while, eh? Can you play cards?" I asked the thing, receiving nothing but a black stare in return. Shaking my head, I reached under my bed to grab a deck of playing cards. After the first attempt, the creature understood the game, resulting in a long night of cards.

******

"Carlos! Get down here now. You're going to be late for school." My mother yelled. Do people not realize that just because I'm popular, doesn't mean I'm happy? Guess not, I thought as I rolled out of bed, sheets and all falling to the ground.

Grabbing a piece of toast and my bag, I headed for the front door, a gush of wind washing over me. As I walked down the steps, a loud car horn sounded in the silence. Walking towards my friend's car, I looked up at my window, catching a glimpse of violet eyes. "Dude, hurry. We have to pick up Ty." My friend yelled, causing my feet to move on their own.

I will find out one day, I thought. Zoning out and in till we arrived at school, my spirit perking up as I smiled and waved. I'm happy to everybody here. Well, except the shadow, she's different and won't tell anyone anything. I might visit her today...