Chapter One

Once upon a time there lived 3 girls who all thought they were the heros throughout every mission that they went through. The RPD they were called. Named after there nicknames in the workplace. R stood for Rocket, she was the welder of the group responsible for all of the machinery fixes and such. P stood for Puma, she was the modern one of us all, most could call her. She was responsible for stuff that relied on computers such as hacking into the nearest technology and she was also very useful when it came to configuring blueprints. Then last but not least there was the D, no pun intended, which stood for Dagger. Her name being a weapon shouldn't be hard to figure out regarding her business. She was the supposed terminator of the group. Responsible for kicking those with asses and even those without ones who seem to need a little push, off a possible cliff, into their demise. And I'm not just attempting to sugar coat it just because I am her. If I went in depth then you'd need to go to possible therapy.

So if you haven't realized, we weren't exactly qualified to do stuff along the lines of it being a job. Which shows that we're not apart of that FBI crap nor were we law enforcement. Most felt comfortable enough with the term spies. We worked in this large facility that incorporated many groups of those similar to ourselves. Our previous missions have been hiests. All of them being successful of course because it wouldn't have been just dissapointment as a result. It would have been the risk of own existence. We weren't typical, because we didn't branch off of anything specific. None of us that were involved with the corporation itself had a proud background, of course. Those apart of the RPD for instance being recruited from a place where hope isn't known to live. An orphanage, again of course, though it was very atypical. Everyone that was present in the one that I'm mentioning didn't strive much for a family as you might have thought from watching a movie like "Annie". As a matter of fact we, at a young age, strived for supposed survival in a similar way to the "Hunger Games" or something similar that might have popped into you mind. Of course minus the casual teenage hormones and the worries from the guardians that were at least given. We were subtly being made into somewhat soldiers, when one kid stepped out of line they were removed without question...from the premises and possibly from this Earth.

They treated us like army recruits when we were very young, when we hit the age of about 10, they slowly started to separate us from the others. We watched as they did it to the elder ones when we were about 8, though they just told us that they had found a home with a new family. Once they separated us they placed us in rooms throughout the span of a few days to weeks. One room with puzzles, another with simple seeming computer games, and another with a playground with monkey bars and such. Throughout a few weeks they switched us out and soon moved us to where they saw and found most comfortable for each individual. Rocket, or Ember then, was known to be best in puzzles. Puma, or Astrid, was found comfortable in the room full of computers. And I was found more stable in the room with the fun obstacles in it. Months had soon passed and we found ourselves gaining skills that took part in the rooms we were stuck in. We soon turned the age of 13, to which we were moved again. It being rare for anyone to progress since we never exactly witnessed it. When we questioned where the other participants went the guardians just told something else that wasn't near believable regarding everything that was going on. Long story short, the corporation that we were working for was the only place that was willing to care for us and even about us for a long time after we were then transferred to them. Which is something they'll hold over our heads before every mission. If we failed one mission then we might as well not even consider returning. If we did then hell would have legitimately been on Earth.

Currently another mission was being planned out without our regard. Our CPU insisted on there being a stolen jewl hidden within a massive plaza, appearance of a great palace. The place where the largest party in the last decade would had been held. By now we already knew what he would have sent us to do.