Chapter Two

We arrived back at our apartment complex shortly after our last encounter. Of course after we reassured ourselves that the police were far behind us. The men that we became acquainted with still wandered my mind. How it all played out like it was some sort of Disney film. I continued to hold the given rose in my hand, admiring it. Never had I ever seen a black rose. Not unless it was some picture online that had been photo shopped. I watched as the limo door was opened and watched as Rocket was the first one that left. 

Puma following soon after and of course I had been last. Once we were all out we lined up on the sidewalk, not too far away from the entrance of our apartment building. We all took a deep breath in chorus as our posture curved and our stomachs relaxed, apart from the corsets preventing much of that. I wiped away a small trail of sweat that had just appeared on my forehead, my hand being the cause of my fallen mask. Those that had previously helped us prepare for the party itself crossed their arms. One rolled their eyes, stepping forward. "Job well done ladies. Now if you could just hand over the gem we'll proudly tell your CPU that you all have had another success." Rocket yawned before jumping in the slightest, almost falling asleep. "Oh yeah.." She says, soon removing it from the small hand bag. "I really wish that we could keep it." I said, both Rocket and Puma nodded their heads afterwards. "One day girls." One of those in front of us said. Rocket handed over the prized gem, us all admiring it as it lay in her palm. Once they received it, they gave us all a small smile and disappeared back inside of the limo without any other words. We all exchanged glances with each other as the vehicle drove off. I rubbed my face and shook my head afterwards. "What a shame.. That was a pretty gem." Puma admitted. We all nodded our heads once more before I started to dig in my own tiny hand bag. "Good thing I still have it." I said, showing it off in my palm. Rocket' s eyes widened as she attempted to snatch it, my hand moving away in an instant. "Do you know what they'll do...to us if they find out?!" She questioned, practically screeching before Puma nudged her to lower her voice. I closed my eyes and chewed on the inside of my cheek for a while before I decided to open my eyes again. 

"I feel somewhat insulted about how you could think that Puma and I are truly that dense." Rocket's eyes slowly went to the one that attempted to seem as if she wasn't present in the moment when she clearly was. "Did you guys plan it out or..?" Puma and I looked to each other and shook our heads. "Then what did I just give them?" Rocket continued to question. I grinned a sly grin and shrugged. "I guess you could say that I found some paint earlier in the day along with some plastic." 

"So you made a fake?" I nodded my head. "And wanna know the best part? No one else knows except for the three of us." Rocket took a deep breath before shrugging. "Well, I guess it was a job well done." She said, glancing at both Puma and I before walking towards our complex. I smiled a bit, it soon fading away. I ran after her. "Wait, so you're not making us trade it in?" I asked her, surprised and a bit worried of how calmly she just acted regarding our heist within a heist. She shrugged her shoulders and glanced back at me. "Well we can't turn it in, they'll question why we had a fake and then why it took us so long to give the real thing to them." "We'll be putting more than just our careers in stake." Puma told us, re-entering the conversation. I sighed as we all went in the elevator, individually making a blueprint in our minds. Silence was heard within the time span of us reaching our apartment. "We need to leave." Rocket said, breaking the awkward silence between us all. "Wait, what?" She looked at me and shook her head. "I don't think we have an alternative anymore." I flailed my arms a bit and looked to Puma. "So is this how we're going to solve our problems now? We're just gonna run? I don't remember being apart of a group full of terrified little kittens." Rocket rolled her eyes. "I don't remember being friends with someone that steals." 

"Now I know that you're crazy. Rocket, that's what we do. Do you clearly not remember making gadgets and crap for the over twenty heists that we've accomplished?" She rubbed her face, turning away from me. "We weren't stealing then. We're the good guys here Dagger..." "That we know of.." She gave her attention to Puma. "That we know of...? You can't seriously be taking her side on this now..." Puma shrugged her shoulders, shaking her head. "I'm not taking anyone's side here Rocket... I'm just spitting things out. Though isn't it kind of odd how we're always taking things from people. Valuable things from those that don't even seem to realize that they're the true thieves?"