Chapter Two

Sawyer Ace

The last bell for school rung and we all rushed out of our classrooms. I pushed through the crowd to my locker, which was upstairs. They had seperated the rich kids from us poor kids. It was like they didnt want us to infect the richies with our poorness. Oh no, it would be the end of the world!

I rolled my eyes as I opened my locker, what they were doing wasnt right. Everyone was equal, it shouldnt matter about their money or rank. It was like history had repeated its self, but instead of colour of skin it was how much money you had. People disgust me.

After I stuffed my things into my locker and placed my homework into the old backpack that has companded me for two years and pulled it onto my back after I pulled on my black hoodie.

I climbed onto the bus and sat in the front, away from the richies like the bus driver had said eariler. After getting comfy between the two ugly green seats, I felt myself doze off to sleep. It was going to be an almost two hour bus ride, so I might as well get some sleep.

I woke up with a jerk to find that it was two stops away from mine. I slowly sat upright and streached. I let out a quiet groan. Houses flew by as the bus drove down the bumpy road, that was filled with pot holes. When we came to my stop I grabbed my backpack and thanked the bus driver.

I stood there and watched as the people that got off with me head in different directions. I sighed and headed towards another bus stop to take me back to the other side of town, where the rich and middle class people lived.

That bus route took thirty minutes. I looked down at my phone to see there was a text from Jaxon, 'Have a date. Dont wait up.'

I felt a small smile at my lips, you could always trust Jaxon to have a date almost every day of the week. He was a huge Lady's man. Though Chase on the other hand, was the more serious and fatherly one.

I climbed off the bus and headed down the alley to the back door of the small market. After I got inside, I changed into my ugly uniform from my dark jeaned skinnies and red plain shirt. I pulled my now wild hair up into a pony tail.

Right when I walked out of the back I had my first customer, a sluty looking girl. She wore way too short shorts and a tank top that had more than half her breasts hanging out. She also wore too much make up, but I put on a fake, cheerful smile.

"Hello, my name is Sawyer. How can I help you?" I said kindly and she just glarred at me. I so badly wanted to slap that glare off her caked, fake face. Though I had to keep my cool if I wanted to keep this job.

I walked back to one of the check out desks as she walked around. I soon got bored watching her and started to read my book, Fault of Stars, just let me tell you, that is one sad and depressing book.

"Excuse me." I heard the girl snap and I looked up to find her with a box of tampons and sleeping pills. I beeped them through and didnt ask questions as she paid.

After she left it took people about twenty minutes to finally come. It was mostly the middle class people who came. I faked a smile and was nice, while in my head I wanted to strangle some. Though there were a few nice customers.

It was starting to get late and I was getting tired. Then suddenly, the door opened and the bell jingled. Three teenage boys walked in, but I groaned.

"Hello, my name is Sawyer. How can I help you?" I said kindly with my fake smile. One of the guys, the one with dark brown hair and green eyes just smirked.

"How about you help me with my boner." He teased, clearly thinking he was funny and was going to get lucky. Yeah, he was cute but his ego was so a turn off.

"Sorry about my friend." The blonde one said as he punched the dark brown haired one in the gut. I felt myself flinch and fell sorry for the guy, but he kind of deserved that.

"Its fine. If you guys need any help, just shot." I called over my shoulder and headed back to my desk. I opened my book and started to read the rest of the book while trying not to cry.

After ten minutes the blonde came up to me, "Do you know where the owner of the store is?" He asked as he stuffed his hands into his blue jeaned skinnies. I shook my head 'no' and he sighed before waving to the guys.

"Come on guys, lets got. Its getting late." He said and then smiled at me. I swear I had felt my heart stop beating.

"See you again Sawyer." He said with a wink and slipped me a piece of paper before heading out the door with the two thugs following him.

I looked down at the paper unsure, why would a rich, adorable guy give a poor girl like me his number? I sighed and finally got the strength before unfolding the piece of paper and reading it.

Hunter Colton

726-284-1847

I felt a smile grow on my lips as I folded the little paper carefully and placing it safely back in my pocket before closing up the shop.