four

//faking alibi

"do you think wyatt will be there?"

"maddie, you are fucking dumb. why would he be there?"

the brunette slunk into the ripped blue beanbag, sinking in as she shot an annoyed glare at sadie through her icy blue eyes, "i don't know? maybe he knows jaeden." she looked to millie hopefully.

"he doesn't know jaeden," millie laughed, leaning forward into the mirror as she lined her eyes with dark eyeliner, "trust me."

maddie twisted her pink lips into a frown, crossing her arms around her chest, "how would you know that?"

"because, wyatt goes to franklin prep, and jaeden is friends with finn. i'm telling you, they won't know each other." millie dropped the thin pencil of eyeliner into the clear bag, making a silly face at herself in the mirror, pouting out her burgundy lips.

"speaking of this finn," sadie spoke up, popping her head away from the cosmo magazine she was so engrossed in and smirking at millie, "tell us about him, your new boy."

"he's not my boy." millie answered, shaking her head. "we're just... hanging out, i guess. but i'm not sure why."

"why? because..." sadie drawled out, running her pink painted fingernail along the corner of a page before carefully flipping it, "because you like each other?"

millie let out an obnoxious laugh, one that seemed entirely exaggerated. "we like each other?" she said loudly, smacking her hand against the front of her thigh, "fuck off, sadie, i've known him for barely a week."

"then why the hell are you going to a concert with him?" sadie wondered, raising a perfectly shaped eyebrow.

"because, it beats sitting around and gossiping all night long with you bitches." millie snapped back, jerking her head around to face the two girls that sat behind her, she raised her chin, a devious smile occupying her lips. "that's why."

"you're not going to be saying that when you bring him home tonight, probably wasted." sadie said, returning millie's smirk as she tilted her head to the side, "like what happens with every other guy you hang out with."

"ouch." maddie whispered, her blue eyes fixated on millie.

"you and me both know it's true." sadie nodded at maddie, her red ponytail swishing behind her.

millie reached for her hairbrush, turning back to the mirror and combing it through her hair. "sadie, i swear to god. we don't even know each other enough to like each other, if you bring up that shit one more-"

"oh my god!" maddie yelled, standing up and placing her hands on her hips, "i came over here to have fun and help you get ready, not listen to you two argue over some stupid guy."

millie dropped the brush into the red bag, standing up and grabbing her jacket off of the door hook, "i'm leaving now." she said, ignoring maddie's anger, feeling content with herself. sadie was clearly fuming, but as for millie, she didn't let petty girl drama effect her, she had become resilient to the arguments that happened often in between them.

sadie picked the magazine back up into her pale hands, rolling onto her back and resting her head on the pillow, "bye." she muttered, rolling her eyes.

"bye, maddie." millie said, ignoring sadie and flashing a sarcastic smile at maddie before pulling the bedroom door shut loudly, walking through the hallway and into the living area.