As if God Had a Plan

The feeling of falling, it's all she felt. Everytime it happened though, Mia would snap back to reality and catch herself on the metal grates beneath her. It was another sleepless night thanks to the cold and the, now three, walkers behind her pounding on the glass.

The sun had began to peak over the treeline about an hour ago. Normally it would be peaceful, she loved mornings. But with the constant groans and cold, this wasn't exactly Mia's cup of tea.

Moving slowly, the soreness in her bones let off stiff cracks as she came out of her dreary slumber. This wasn't what bothered her though. Instead, it was the crusted over cuts riddled across her skin. The dried blood was enough to scab over each gash stopping the bleeding temporarily. That's why the walkers must had been so attracted. Beneath her, they gathered around the tower as well. Most of them just weren't smart enough to figure out a way up to her. 

A sharp whistle caught her attention from below. Rising to her feet, she looked over the railing to see Daryl waiting for her. Behind him, the others were scraping up breakfast. Just seeing the food made her stomach growl- she hadn't eaten anything in 24 hours. "We're getting ready now, you good?"

Behind her rested the rifle Rick had given to her yesterday. Today was the day that they took the court yard, and maybe even the prison.

 All she gave in return was a nod.

If only he could see how tired she was, but at the angle he was at, there was no chance.

Soon, everyone was taking their positions as they did yesterday. In formation, Maggie, Rick, Glenn, Daryl, and T-dog would circle up and push their way into the court yard while the others took out the ones on the fences.

She was meant to protect the group on the inside.

The others seemed to preparing for a fight of their lives. For some, there was a chance that it was going to be there last. But Mia would do everything in her power to make sure that wasn't the case. Steadily, she watched as Daryl began to cut open the gate. One by one they slipped inside, and the chaos began. 

Her first kill was a walker right behind Maggie. Next, she moved to the other side of Rick. It was a pattern, shoot, shoot, rotate, shoot. There were so many though, too many for them all to handle. The group kept pushing on though, they wouldn't quit, and neither would she. More and more fell, but eventually they ran into a problem. 

Some of the walkers were covered in riot gear, a SWAT team that must have been killed during an attack. 

Daryl had shot, his arrow bouncing off the helmet of the riot gear. Even as Mia shot, the only thing the walker did was stumble backwards. 

Maggie was the first one to figure it out. Grabbing the chest plate of one near to her, the young farm hand drove a knife upwards and through the chin of the masked dead. At this, Mia was forced to look out of her scope to see the entire group. They had taken note of what she did, it was their best bet to take these things down. That meant getting close to them though, and that was dangerous.  

As time continued on, the bodies piled up and her ammunition was running low. More and more kept flooding into the yard, and nobody could stop it. 

Somewhere beyond the group, a rusty barrel caught her eye. On it was a triangle with an exclamation point in the middle. That meant one thing to her, explosives. 

She couldn't shoot it, not with everyone so close. 

Standing straight, Mia brought her fingers to her mouth and let out the loudest whistle she could muster. Rick was the first one to turn around and look at her. As clearly as she could, the young girl motioned towards the barrel.