The Pairs, and the Arrival

Chiron started listing off name's, bottom to top. He started with Severus, who was paired with Clarisse La Rue. The campers snickered at the look of shock on Severus' face. Rosier was paired with will Solace, and Sirius gasped, a look of horror on his face. He could tell that Will was gay, and his stomach dropped. He worried for Will, because of how homophobic he knew Rosier was. Rosier looked at him, as did Regulus. Regulus looked confused, while Rosier smirked. He was never going to stop picking on Will, who was smaller than him, and Sirius knew this. Sirius vowed to protect Will, or talk to Will's friends about how dangerous Rosier was.

Chiron ignored the looks given to Sirius and continued down the list. James was paired with Percy, Peter was with Nico (which caused Peter to squeak in fright), Aliston Mulciber was with Frank, and Annalee was with Piper. Maryrose and Calypso, who had joined Camp soon after the war with Gaia, were a pair, along with Remus and Jason, Lily and Annabeth, Regulus and Hazel, Sirius and Leo, and lastly: Germaine Avery and Reyna Ramirez.

They were all instructed to go to their partner and shake hands. The person from Camp Half-Blood would then take the person from Hogwarts on a tour of camp. They all shook hands, but the Marauders stayed behind as everyone else departed for their tours. Remus had to tell Jason what he was, or else risk revealing himself to EVERYONE. That was something he did NOT want to do, so he forced himself to speak. His friends knew he had to as well, so they stayed behind with him.

"Hey, uh, Jason? I-uh, I have to- to tell you something. Something really important- about me." Remus started, nervously.

"Yeah? What is it? If you're afraid I'm going to judge you, don't worry. Nothing you could say would surprise me." Jason answered, encouragingly.

"I- uh, I'm a- um, I'm a-" Remus tried telling Jason, but he was too nervous. He hadn't said it out loud to anyone ever. Anyone who knew had either guessed, or had been told by Sirius, and that was only Lily.

"Spit it out. We haven't got all day!" Leo said. Sirius smacked Leo upside the head. Sirius then proceeded to hug Remus from behind, arms wrapped around Remus' mid section and whisper in his ear encouragingly.

"Come on Rey. You can do this!" He whispered as he pressed his lips to Remus' neck.

Remus smiled at Sirius, thankful. He kissed Sirius' head lightly and took a deep breath. "I'm- a- were- wolf." He said slowly to Jason. Nico, Percy, and Leo gasped.

Jason smiled. "I know. Chiron told me. Though I guess it's not a bad thing you took initiative, because now they know too. Now we can all help you."

Sirius rested his head on Remus' shoulder, face towards his neck. "Ya' know, Rey. This is pretty good practice for registration, if you really think about it. Now the rest of us have to prepare for the next question."

"And what do you think that'll be?" Remus asked, smiling down at Sirius.

"About how I can be with you on full moons."

"Yes, how is that possible?" Nico questioned.

"We would have to show you, and we're not ready to yet." James answered quickly, before Sirius could do anything.

Jason frowned. He didn't like that their first reaction was to keep a secret, and he wondered what else they might try to hide these next two months.

.............

After their tour, the Marauders had to go to lunch. They all sat together and everyone could tell they were inseparable. Their partners sat on one side of the table while the Marauders sat on the other, each group facing each other. All the others were seated at a different table, not far from their.

Nico went over to Will, and pulled him over to the Marauders' table. He realized that he felt quite lonely watching Remus and Sirius talking, and needed his boyfriend.

They sat next to each other and started talking quietly, their voices below everyone else's.

"Hey, Nico? You alright?" Will asked.

"Yeah, I just got a little lonely, watching those two." Nico replied, nodding over to Sirius and Remus.

Will nodded, having been a little lonely as well. "Those Slytherins are really mean." Will said quietly. He had to admit, he was pretty scared of Rosier.

Sirius was actually being quiet as this was said, and looked over. Remus, James and Peter stopped talking (and eating but that was mainly only Peter who had to pause in eating, mid spoonful) as well. Sirius grasped Remus' hand and squeezed it gently. He saw tears in Will's eyes, and his stomach clenched in anger.

"What did they do?" Nico asked, pulling his boyfriend closer, his throat closing after seeing Will's tears.

"They're just assholes, Nico. They all hate gay people, and they made that very obvious. They only called me names, but you know I'm not used to negativity like that. I'm just used to people being really accepting and all and-" Will began to cry quietly. No one was every really mean to him. His mother accepted him, as did his father, step father, and everyone at camp. They all loved him as though he were their brother, not including Nico. Nico interrupted Will's tears with a gentle kiss, and he smiled comfortingly.

"Hey. You can't let those arse-holes get to ya'. That's all they are. They have no life, and no one likes them. They just entertain themselves by picking on people." Remus said consolingly. He didn't like that Rosier was already picking on Will. "They're just homophobic prats, so try to ignore them."

"They really are." Sirius agreed, while Peter and James murmured their agreement.

"Thanks guys. Again, I'm just not used to it, so I guess it hurts more." Will said sadly.

"No. You don't really get used to the negativity, especially from them. They'll keep trying to beat you down, but we'll help you. We're on your side. Trust me, they won't stop. They still pick on me and Sirius for being gay, too. And it still hurts, though you learn to ignore prats like them." Remus argued, knowing that the pain never really stops. He didn't want Will to get his hopes up that the pain would go away and be sourly disappointed.

"He's right." Sirius said. "Even the crap I get from certain people never gets old. It'll hurt as long as you pay it any attention."

"Well, thank you guys. I really appreciate the support. And the advice on how to deal with it." Will thanked them solemnly.

"Yeah, thanks. But keep in mind, Will, you're not alone. You can talk to me about whatever they say, whenever you want to. You know what I'll do to them if they hurt you, too." Nico wrapped his arm around Will and squeezed him.

................

They went through the day quickly, time flying by. Before the Marauders and their new friends knew it, it was time for the welcome feast, dedicated toward the new arrivals. They met up with Annabeth, Lily, Calypso, Annalee, Maryrose, and Piper. They all sat at the same table, each person by their partner.

Chiron had a big announcement for the newcomers, as the Gods were visiting right then (5 minutes from the announcement) to meet everyone. He also said that every Saturday, not counting the next day, they would all be visited by the wizards' parents, muggle and wizard alike.

After the announcement, the Gods appeared. It was like they Apparated, but they didn't. They just- appeared. Right out of thin air. It scares the shit out of everyone around the Marauders, but not so much anyone else.

"Bloody hell! What the fuck!? Merlin's bloody beard." Remus yelled. The gods just laughed.

Sirius laughed, "Bloody hell Moony. I didn't know you could curse like that."

"I guess I can. They just scared me, that's all."

The people at the other table laughed at Remus as well. Sirius glared at them. The gods looked at them, and frowned.

"Welcome." Chiron's voice rang out. "You are just in time to join us in our welcome feast!"